Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flowerdealer
HDMI
Views: 2,733
Message 21 of 100

Re: Yoga 2 Pro wakes up when lid is closed

I have the same problem. No mouse or peripheral connected though.

Guru
Views: 2,708
Message 22 of 100

Can you guys open Windows Event Viewer and export me all system logs ?

Upload the logs somewhere for me to read.

I think I found the problem. I noticed strange behavior on my Yoga 13 that it goes from sleep to hibernation after being in sleep mode for 180 minutes. Maybe that's where it is going wrong with the Yoga 2 Pro.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

tcj
Punch Card
Views: 2,704
Message 23 of 100

@tjc...

What result do you get when you run "powercfg /devicequery wake_armed" from a command window?

Regards.

I get a small black window that flashes on and off and that's it.  It's so fast I have  no idea what the content of the window is.

Guru
Views: 2,700
Message 24 of 100

All Yoga 2 Pro owners please test if your Yoga 2 Pro wakes up after exactly 3 hours. See attachment with picture for possible solution. On my Yoga 13 this has a value of 180 minutes. And goes from sleep to hibernation after 180 minutes.

I think the Yoga 2 Pro fails to go to hibernation mode after 180 minutes. Changing this setting to 'Never' may solve this problem.

Please check if this helps!

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

tcj
Punch Card
Views: 2,696
Message 25 of 100

Mine waked up (with lid closed) when my mouse is moved or clicked.  Even when my settings are set to not wake computer.  At least for me I can tell you with 100% certainty it has nothing to do with a time limit. 

shakermaker41
Punch Card
Views: 2,683
Message 26 of 100

I also can report that the 180 minute hibernation limit works correctly.  After 3 hours my computer goes into hibernation.

Moving my USB mouse with the lid closed wakes the computer up.  In device manager, I only found a single entry under Mice (or something like that) that allowed it to wake up the computer.  Disabling this setting (followed by a reboot) had no effect, as my computer continued to wake up when moving the mouse.

FlyBri
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,637
Message 27 of 100

@jonas_hendrickx wrote:

All Yoga 2 Pro owners please test if your Yoga 2 Pro wakes up after exactly 3 hours. See attachment with picture for possible solution. On my Yoga 13 this has a value of 180 minutes. And goes from sleep to hibernation after 180 minutes.

I think the Yoga 2 Pro fails to go to hibernation mode after 180 minutes. Changing this setting to 'Never' may solve this problem.

Please check if this helps!

I have had hibernation set to "Never" previously  and I just took my Yoga 2 Pro out of the sleeve it was in that was in my bag as well, and it is scalding not.  So the hibernation setting has nothing to do with this.  Maybe a BIOS issue with the new one that was released recently?  In any case, I hope that it being on and running so hot for so long didn't do any permanent damage to any components, etc.  If my unit has gotten thermal damage of any kind causing it to run hotter than normal, I'll expect a replacement.  I hope Lenovo can figure out this issue soon, as it is a serious problem.

Guru
Views: 2,622
Message 28 of 100

Ok hibernation is working fine then.

Next, read this article written by Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2799178

1. Run this command in command prompt: "powercfg /waketimers", make sure there are no wake up timers or there is nothing suspicious.
2. Before going to sleep check for presence of 'ACPI Wake Alarm' in Device Manager. Write down here whether it's present or not. It should be present I think.

Sarbin, are you also running latest BIOS version?
What BIOS is everyone running here?
Anyone with the factory installed BIOS having the issue?

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

FlyBri
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,615
Message 29 of 100

@jonas_hendrickx wrote:
Ok hibernation is working fine then.

Next, read this article written by Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2799178

1. Run this command in command prompt: "powercfg /waketimers", make sure there are no wake up timers or there is nothing suspicious.
2. Before going to sleep check for presence of 'ACPI Wake Alarm' in Device Manager. Write down here whether it's present or not. It should be present I think.

What BIOS is everyone running here?
Anyone with the factory installed BIOS having the issue?

Looks like I hae no wake timers at all, and I don't see ACPI Wake Alarm in the Device Manager.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,601
Message 30 of 100

@jonas_hendrickx wrote:

No, Jonas, I'm on the original BIOS. I haven't updated any of my Y2P's drivers.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors