07-03-2015

New York

4 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 101 of 102

Re: Yoga 2 Pro wakes up when lid is closed

2015-07-03, 14:45 PM

I attempted to use the AHK solution (suggested by @indest) but commands sent to DevManView do not disable my keyboard unless I fully reboot the computer after sending the command. Seeing as the computer does not reboot when entering sleep, the AHK scripted solution does not work for my frustrating Y2P. 

How can I disable the keyboard from having the ability to wake my computer while my computer is asleep? Running 

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

reports that no devcies are enabled to wake my computer from sleep. How is the keyboard still waking my computer during sleep?

Options

26 Posts

12-16-2015

US

37 Signins

307 Page Views

• Views: 307
  • Message 102 of 102

Re: Yoga 2 Pro wakes up when lid is closed

2017-04-22, 6:53 AM

I'm also having this issue (where "squeezing" the laptop presses the keyboard & causes it to wake).  I've implemented the AutoHotKey script, but like BobbyLink has noted, "DevManView.exe /disable "Standard PS/2 Keyboard"" doesn't actually immediately disable the keyboard - so it doesn't solve the problem.  i.e. I can execute the DevManView command, and continue using the keyboard just fine (even though it does show it as "disabled."

I'm both baffled and dissappointed that four years later, Lenovo is still releasing laptops that suffer from this blatantly obvious problem.  Mine is a Yoga 700-11ISK, and I've actually had damage due to it getting red-hot in my backpack when it was supposed to be asleep.  Really really sad.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete