cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clouds73
Core Memory
Views: 3,259
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 2 Pro- what partition to delete for clean install?

Hello, I wanted to do a clean install of windows 10 from a USB, which I did but when I was choosing the drive where windows will be installed on, I always format also the system files partition which is usually around 100mb, because new windows will create new system files partition, so just to avoid conflict.

I formated the C: drive and installed windows on it but I didn't know which other partition that has the system files on to delete or format, because there were so many partitions.

Windows was working fine later on, but the wifi was dropping once every hour or even less. I updated all the drivers, I uninstalled the wifi driver and reinstalled it but nothing helped.

I ended up resoring my computer using onekey.

Could you please show me which partition I can delete when makeing a clean install?

Thank U

Birraque
802.11n
Views: 3,231
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 2 Pro- what partition to delete for clean install?

You did the correct choice just formating C: Drive.
Don't delete any drive.
Since you did a clean install it's necessary to reinstall all drivers and apps (Y2P Setup Guide (Windows 10 - 64bits).
Regards,

clouds73
Core Memory
Views: 3,213
Message 3 of 6

Thank You for your answer, it's a big help for me. Well, on my other computer which is Toshiba and has windows 7 ultimate on it, when ever I did a clean install, only two partitions showed up during the installation. The main partition which is the C: drive and another 100mp files system partition. Now, that 100 mp, I always deleted or at least formatted along with the C: partition, because when I didn't do so, I had some problems with the system later on. some system files conflicting each other. So, I think I can do the same here right? There is one partition that has 260 mb, why can't i format it when doing a clean install? Isn't it that partition that has the system files for the current OS, meaning if I install a new OS, the system files partition will be moot point right? Because, it has old files system on it right? how do you explain my wifi dropping after making the clean installation even though I updated all the drivers?
Another minor question, in the link you provided, I can't find my cpu model for VGA - Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10 [15.40.34.4624]. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26682/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=814...
My cpu is Intel® Core™ i7-4500U Processor, and I think it's 3M and NOT 4M Cache, up to 2.4 GHz and NOT 3.00 GHz)
Thank U again

Highlighted
Birraque
802.11n
Views: 3,206
Message 4 of 6

diskpart.PNG

The factory Yoga 2 Pro contains follow partitions:

1. WINRE_DRV, 1000 MB
This partition contains Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE), In Windows 8.1/10, search for “advanced startup” and click on “Restart now” to access the WinRE. It contains troubleshooting options, startup repair, a further shortcut to enter UEFI bios, access to old-style system image tools, etc. Don't delete it.

2. SYSTEM_DRV, 260 MB
In the factory configuration this partition contains the boot loader. Don't delete it.

3. LRS_ESP, 1000 MB
This partition EFI Bios uses to store settings and drivers. This partition also to have the OneKey Recovery program files. Don't delete it.

4. Windows8/10_OS, C:, 219.16 GB
This is the main system C: drive, you can "format" it to manually clean install Windows 10.

5. Lenovo, D:, 4.00 GB
This partition contains "Windows 8.1" drivers and MacAfee antivirus for a manually installation (OKR feature didn't use it to Factory Recovery Y2P). Since you are running Windows 10 now it's recommended that swap it for the new and correct latest versions in this LINK (Y2P's Windows 10 Drivers).

6. PBR_DRV, 12.99 GB
This partition contain the factory recovery image for Lenovo OneKey Recovery. Any change in this partition will messing up OneKey Recovery functionality, so don't delete it.

My Yoga 2 Pro (20266) has also a CPU Intel i7 4500U with Intel HD Graphics 4400, then if you install ALL tested drivers (with same "versions") that I provided in my previous link everything will run like a new and reliable Lenovo Windows 10 Yoga.

Regards (and Happy New Year),

clouds73
Core Memory
Views: 3,198
Message 5 of 6

Happy New year and Thank You for taking the time and Explaining.
Birraque
802.11n
Views: 3,195
Message 6 of 6

You're welcome! :-)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors