cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 52,483

Question

After experiencing Wireless issues I tried to upgrade my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro 13" with Windows 8.1 64Bit to the latest drivers from the lenovo support site.

Ever since I cannot connect to the WLAN anymore. What puzzles me is that the driver status in the device manager shows a different driver version than what I have installed (uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it doesn't change anything here).

What puzzles me is the Lenovo Website shows driver version 16.6.0.8 (released 25.Jan.2014, see link below), whereas my system display version is 16.6.2.1 (dated 31.10.2013). Hence I thought I have another version from somewhere else on my and removed all driver versions I could find.

Checking driver details I get the follow file versions:

C:\windows\system32\drivers\NETwbw02.sys    version 16.6.2.1 Intel, dated 2011

C:\windows\system32\drivers\Netwfw02.dat       no version or publisher

C:\windows\system32\drivers\vwifibus.sys          version 6.3.9600.16384 Microsoft

Still, whenever I uninstall the driver, install the files from lenovo and click "Detect new device" my system pulls the drivers as listed above and is incapable of connecting to any WiFi.

Windows 8.1. shows no connections available and doesn't connect anymore.

How can I get my WLAN back?

Answer

If Windows Update is configured to automatically fetch updates from Microsoft then the machine most likely have installed the Intel driver update for Intel(R) Wireless N-7260 as discussed in this article (which explains the different driver versions).

Below are steps that you can try:

1. If the machine comes with the Intel(R) Wireless N-7260, navigate to:

- Device Manager 

- Network Adapters 

- Intel(R) Wireless N-7260 (right click > update driver software) 

- Browse my computer for driver software

- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (you will then see a list of drivers, check if you have the version 17.0.1.5 from Lenovo and choose it and observe.   If you don't have this version or later, we recommend that you download it from the Lenovo support site here.

2. Restart the machine and boot into the BIOS (by pressing F2 on the Lenovo screen). Once you're in, navigate to the Configuration Tab and ensure Wireless is set to Enabled (if applicable).

- Link to picture

The following should be performed after backing up data and only if you have been unable to obtain proper wifi operation and you suspect that there is broader software corruption.

3. Perform a System Restore and choose a date before the issue began. (this will restore the unit to an earlier point in time where wireless connection is working fine)

4. Perform a Refresh / Reset or press the OneKey Recovery button (this will restore the unit to factory settings - ensure that you backup important files first).

Was this information helpful?

Comments
talma

I have Yoga 2 pro that works fine for about 2 months and then stop detecting the wireless card. 

I've followed these steps above , including a factory reset, driver update (to version 17.0.3.3), bios update.

and still my Yoga 2 pro wireless N7260 card is not detected. 

I got error 45 - sying the hardware device is not connected to the computer. 

Any idea what can help?

Robodoos

Try the 17.0.3 latest driver and no more connection to the internet. Putting back de 17.0.0.34 and i have again internet.

Now a solution I bought a USB AC56 Wireless Adapter and a  RT-AC66U router , now i have Full speed  5G .

The driver from Lenovo will never work, Shame Lenovo. This is bad support to costumers.

I will think twice before i buy Lenovo again.

orlyccc

my yoga is 2 months old and the wifi and the sound card don't work. I sent it out to Lenovo lab in Israel where I am stationed, and it takes them over 2 weeks to order and replace the parts. It is outrageous that basic parts like these are not available. I'm not happy with the service at all. On my next purchase of laptop I will consider a cpmpany with higher service standards. I have a Mac and their service is a speedy one when needed.

atrejo

Hello all.

Fisrt of all, this are my specs: Yoga 2 pro 13". WiFi card: Intel(R)Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. I bought it from Best Buy on November 27, 2014. If you aquired your Yoga before this date, you may have the single band WiFi card.

As many of you have experienced, I also had a bunch of issues with my WiFi connectivity and this is how I was able to solve it. At least it has been a couple of days that I haven't had any issues.

The first symptom was the usual connection drops every X amount of time. For me it was about every 2 hours.

I first unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option in the Power Management tab of device manager and disabled U-APSD support in the Advanced tab of device manager. This action did not solve the problem.

I then downloaded and updated the driver from the Intel web site (http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect) and this seemed to solve the drops; however, a new problem arised: Everytime my Yoga would wake up from sleeping mode, all my wifi networks were gone and the adapter showed as disabled in Device Manager. I would have to anable it to have my networks back. It was a solution but a pain the butt to have to do this everytime.

After hours of reading post after post in several forums, I read a repy from Lenovo asking to try leaving the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" CHECKED if you were using the latest version of the driver. I went back to device manager and checked it back and that seems to have solved the problem.

So far I haven't had any drops and everytime my laptop comes back from sleeping mode the WFi connection is still there!

Here is a recap of how everything ended up:

-The driver version I installed is 17.1.0.19

-The driver date is 7/21/2014

-In device manager|Advanced, U-APSD support is Disbled.

-In device manager|Power Management, "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked.

Hope this helps somebody else.

jeffie97041

Hey,

It is recommended  a Drivr Update Tool named DruverTuner,  you can read the related issues in the article: How to Update & Download Lenovo Drivers

Hope this can help you!

Good luck!

Jasoonnmp

If none of this helps, it's mostly like either your WLAN adapter, or motherboard not being able to read that there's a WLAN device. Once following all those steps, and still continues to give you the same error send it into a lenovo certified repair depot! - cheers 

Carlo1

I bought my yoga 3 pro last May 24, 2015- i started using it only June 6.  At first everything was great.

until july 9 (july13/15/18/19) when i lost the wifi and cannot even find the network adapter, i had it restore to default.  nothing happened.  wifi will just appear in-between and connect and then disappear when i switch it on again the next day... i tried leaving it on sleep mode the same scenario wifi disappers when i wake it up.  repeating the same scenario and so on...  i have already downloaded intel wifi driver, broadcom and still the same, cannot detect or no wifi...im now using an ethernet adapter connected to a LAN cable to my router.  I have 2 laptops (asus / toshiba) 2 and 3yrs old respectively placed beside my lenovo and their wifi is working well...

I've read in the forum that the wifi has been an issue since yoga 2 pro release...

can anyone help me pls...

backing up and restoring is annoying and this should not be the case for that matter... this is not a cheap laptop.. $1399.  Im using my laptop for my business...

I've downloaded and installed/reinstalled the intel / broadcom driver, updated windows, restore to default settings, etc.

can i return the lenovo laptop?  get a refund or have it replaced or get a credit memo and pick a different unit or model?  i bought the unit from bestbuy.

Thank you.

achint
Model Name : Lenovo Yoga 2 (20266)
Config : (i7 4510U Cpu @ 2.0GHz / 8 GB Ram)

Problem : Not able to view any computer on my local wifi network when I click on the NETWORK icon. Although I am able to access computers on my network by clicking on the search bar and they typing \\computer-name.

Other computers on my network are able to view this laptop and able to access files from the laptop and also able to share fies with each other. 

Pls. help , Any suggestion would be appriciated. 
ras47

@Carlo1: I recently had a tought time with my internal WiFi card (Broadcom (BCW4352) and Fedora Linux. What I ended up doing eventually, after exhausting every other solution I could find, was to buy a different internal network card and replace the standard Broadcom card. 10 minutes of work, a $40 card, and all issues have been resolved.

This is the article I followed: https://www.slightfuture.com/technote/replace-broadcom-wifi-with-intel

It's about Linux compatibility, but the idea is the same. Get rid of Broadcom and use an Intel card.

jamboreejoseph

The issue does not have to do with internal updates or software. The issue has to do with power failure from the Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop turning on the WiFi card.

All you have to do is simply power off your computer (sleep mode) and turn back on several times. This will fix the issue temporarily. Lenovo obviously has some hardware issues/compatibility with Intel’s Wireless card. 

Same issue occurs when updating Windows 10 and screen flash occurs.