08-28-2019

US

5 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 1

Yoga 2 Pro won’t wake after using Power Button as suspend

2019-08-28, 15:45 PM

So I‘ve gotten hold of a broken Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro which was stuck in the reboot loop (Keyboard lights on off but no boot). The mainboard got replaced and it started working right away. I installed Ubuntu 18.04 and everything was perfectly fine until I had to shutdown the laptop in a hurry and just pushed the power on button till it fell asleep. Little did I know that the machine wouldn’t wake up from that state anymore. I tried everything (60sec power button press/take out battery/cmos reset/replacement psu ) but I couldn’t get it to start again. So after a couple of days I undid every cable and every connection, took the ram out etc. but still to no avail. After putting it back together and trying the 30sec power button reset for the 100th time it suddenly started working again. Until today when I pushed the **bleep** power button again...is there some kind of reset option I am missing. This is driving me nuts...the charge light is Amber and turns white when the charger is in. The power button lights up (among with the white charging light) but after I take the charger out but the pc won’t turn on. Please help me! I've managed to get it running from this state two times by taking it apart and putting it back together but I couldn't figure out the pattern...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete