Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuizMiranda
What's DOS?
Views: 17,414
Message 1 of 13

Yoga 2 TPM chip?

Hello, does the Yoga 2 have a TPM chip? The original Yoga does not. I can't seem to find any documentation on that.

thank you Smiley Happy

~ Luiz

Zoot
Token Ring
Views: 17,371
Message 2 of 13

Re: Yoga 2 TPM chip?

Searching for a definition of the Ultrabook specification suggests that TPM is not a *required* feature, so chances are that there isn't one since they don't seem to mention it anywhere. Might be different for the Thinkpad Yoga.

Z.

guytechie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,360
Message 3 of 13

No, it does not.  Thisi s a consumer-oriented model.  The Thinkpad Yoga will have it, though.

Another evidence of this is the inclusion of Winodws 8 Std instead of Pro.

LuizMiranda
What's DOS?
Views: 17,352
Message 4 of 13

That would be unfortunate, every other aspect of the machine is great, although I would love to hear a final answer from Lenovo or at least from someone who has the machine and can check for sure Smiley Happy

Highlighted
guytechie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,340
Message 5 of 13

If it had TPM, it would indicate so in the firmware.  I did not see any settings for TPM.  You could wait for official word if you'd like.

philloth
Paper Tape
Views: 17,354
Message 6 of 13

Hi,

I wanted to activate Bitlocker but it seems the Yoga 2 pro does not support TPM 1.2?

Can somebady confirm?

btw, how to access to the BIOS?

Thanks

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in Was; does the Yoga 2 pro support TPM 1.2?

Zoot
Token Ring
Views: 17,324
Message 7 of 13

As far as we know there's no TPM chip in the Y2P, so you're probably out of luck there.

I think it's generally assumed that the Thinkpad Yoga will have one though.

I don't have mine yet, but I believe there's a small button next to the power button that will boot into a menu that will let you get to the BIOS settings.

Z.

Spineless
Paper Tape
Views: 17,292
Message 8 of 13

In Device Manager, there would be a "Security Devices" node. When I looked at the Y2P at BestBuy, I didn't see this there.

In this regard, calling it a "Pro" device and not having a TPM seems contradictory. Maybe they will come out with a Yoga 2 Enterprise version that will have a TPM Smiley Wink
LuizMiranda
What's DOS?
Views: 17,277
Message 9 of 13

Yeah perhaps, only thing is TPM chips tend to be disabled in the BIOS by default and wouldn't show up in device manager until enabled in there, so that could've been the case here, although it seems more and more likely it doesn't have it :/

rtb20926
Paper Tape
Views: 16,515
Message 10 of 13

I'm trying to turn on bitlocker. Can someone confirm that the BIOS has TPM or not. My research tells me it does not but I'm looking for confirmation. I don't want to have to have a USB stick plugged in to boot. So bitlocker will not work? Thanks!

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in. Was; Yoga 2 pro with Windows 8.1 pro

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors