Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sillyotter
Not applicable
Views: 90,199
Message 1 of 38

Yoga 2 Touchpad in Windows 10 not quite working

I upgraded my yoga 2 pro to windows 10 last night.  I went to the support page and downloaded all new drivers for the thing, in particular the synaptics touch pad drivers.  Before I did that, gesture support was severly limited.  Despite the settings saying it was enabled, two finger tap and scrolling was disabled.

In any event, after I got the latest drivers, I discovered the following.. (i define a tap as just a forceful touch, where as a click involves pressing the trackpad until it clicks)

single finger tapping works

single finger clicking works.

two finger tapping does not work

two finger clicking does work

two finger scrolling works

I suspect most two finger gestures work, but I havent tested them all.

three finger gestures work

four finger gestures work

basically, everything works as the settings dialogs were configured, except two finger tap.  two finger click works just fine.  Ive got the v19.0.9.5 19May15 synptics driver installed.  The config tool to adjust gestures works, and most of its settings are behaving properly. Just two finger tap is failing.

Any thoughts?

unti
Not applicable
Views: 89,906
Message 2 of 38

Re: Yoga 2 Touchpad in Windows 10 not quite working

Thoughts? Yes! Why did you change that Microsoft? Three fingers "back" is not working any more, instead it's "show tasks". Which I never used before. I cannot change it in the touchpad settings. Again: WHY?

igotsars
Not applicable
Views: 89,889
Message 3 of 38

Experiencing the exact same problem with my new update.

I used Synaptic's own driver from their website and it worked perfectly until now...

Its pretty much a habit to two-finger tap the context menu. Hopefully someone can offer us an update sooner rather than later.

Also, is anyone experience random screen blackouts?

sillyotter
Not applicable
Views: 89,857
Message 4 of 38

OK, I managed to get it working last night.

This step is unnescessary, I believe, but I deleted all the registry keys from HKCU\Software\Synaptics and HKLM\Software\Synaptics with regedit and reinstalled the drivers from lenovos site.

Then I went into mouse properties and brought up the custom synaptics setting program.  I clicked on the tray icon for synaptics, selected pointing device properties, selected the device settings tab, highlighted the single click pad entry in the list, and hit the settings button.  I set things the way I wanted them to be and saved.  This was mostly done to force the software to write data to the key locations I deleted before.  It wont be nescessary if you didnt delete the keys as I did.  I just want to be complete in my description.

I used regedit and went to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2TM2132. 

It might be called TouchPadPS2 on your machine. I recall it being called that before I did the delete and reinstall thing, but in any event, look for the TouchPadPS2* entry.

Look for the registry entry 2FingerTapAction in that folder.  It will be set to 0.  Set it to 2.  Log out and back in again, and you should be all set.

NCYoga
Not applicable
Views: 89,128
Message 5 of 38

I have a similiar issue but not exact on the Yoga ThinkPad.  My horizontal area at the bottom of the Touchpad scrolls the screen up and down, and the right vertical area of the Touchpad scrolls the screen left to right.  The reverse direction choices only reverse up/down or left/right and not how the horizontal/vertical areas operate.

Did anyone else experience this? 

Thanks.

br1125
Not applicable
Views: 89,101
Message 6 of 38

Just updated all drivers and two finger context didn't work but everything else did.  I made the edits in the registry as suggested here and it fixed it!  Thank you!

bbazian
Not applicable
Views: 89,065
Message 7 of 38

I uninstalled the "newer" driver that was installed with Windows 10 and installed the 8.1 driver from the website and that seems to have fixed it.

sibbl
Not applicable
Views: 88,604
Message 8 of 38

Lenovo knew for ages. Sent multiple emails and wrote many times in this forum, they simply don't care. Let's hope for some official drivers from Synaptics. It's the last Lenovo I ever bought...

bbazian
Not applicable
Views: 88,545
Message 9 of 38

So I thought it was fixed.  Something must have changed because it stopped working again.  I see no updated drivers for Windows 10 on line.

waxtear
Not applicable
Views: 88,598
Message 10 of 38

I just installed this touchpad driver for Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Windows 10 64-bit, and the double finger scrolling function is working now. By the way, I didn't uninstalled the original "Synaptics Pointing Device Driver" generated after update.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-2-pro-lenovo/download...

Hope this helps and won't relapse!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors