Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shannonlo
What's DOS?
Views: 955
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 2:hinge making a cracking/popping noise and headphone jack doesn't work

Hey, so as the title says my Yoga 2 has some problems. Whenever I open or close my yoga it makes a snap/crack/pop sound, seems to be from the hinge. Anyone have any idea if the warranty would cover this? I just got this like the last week of August, so this is really upsetting. Also the headphone jack doesn't work at all, hasn't since the first time I tried it. It doesn't recognize that it is there (I've tried the device manager or whatnot, it is enabled just does not work). When I play music with the headphones in, the sound comes out of the speaker so it is super not working, ha. Any one have a solution? 

Moderator comment: Please don't post the same message(s) in multiple places as it splinters the discussion. Duplicate(s) removed.

Sonal1
Paper Tape
Views: 418
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 2:hinge making a cracking/popping noise and headphone jack doesn't work

I got this same problem too (not the headphone jack). But mine is not a yoga its an ideapad 100-15iby. I got the popping/cracking sound in the right hinge of the laptop. Is there any fix I can do for the laptop or is it not a problem at all. And BTW I used my notebook for 6 months and this problem started around in the 5th month. Reply ASAP!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors