Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marsvintage
Paper Tape
Views: 1,476
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 2 micro HDMI port too deep?

I can't seem to make a connection between my new Yoga 2 and television. I am using a Cable Matters Micro HDMI to HDMI adapter and from what I have read the problem is because the female port is too deep. Is anybody else having this problem or have any solutions?
marlyl
What's DOS?
Views: 1,162
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 2 micro HDMI port too deep?

Yes.  I had the same issue.  If I push very had and hold it in place, it picks up the monitor.  As soon as I let go, it loses the connection.

kaare
Paper Tape
Views: 1,154
Message 3 of 4

Micro hdmi is inherently not very robust. I just did two days using my Y2P for presentations at a conference, with my Y2P setup on the podium, connected to a projetor, used by presenters all day long. The micro hdmi connection would stay in place when not disturbed, but on several occasions a speaker would put something on the connector, or move the Y2P, and the connection would fail. There were 3 or 4 disconnects during the two days. With similar physical stresses, a VGA or a Full HDMI would not have pulled loose.

I'm thinking of buying a USB3->FullHDMI adapter, simply to have a physically robust connection for this type of application.

marlyl
What's DOS?
Views: 1,151
Message 4 of 4

Well, because how deep the mini HDMI port is on the Y2P, the connection is not very strong.  What I just did is I shaved off some of the rubber on the connector piece that converts to VGA and now it goes all the way in.  The connection now seems stable.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors