Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spry336
What's DOS?
Views: 5,391
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 2 pro not turning on - has blinking keyboard

My lenovo yoga 2 pro laptop used to work perfectly. I have installed an update from Norton anti virus and shut it down. After that it doesn't turn on but the keyboard lights are blinking. I have tried to reset it by press and holding the start button for 30 seconds and reset button for 30 seconds but none of them did work. If someone had a similar experience please let me know if there is any easy fix for this issue before I take it to the service center. 

Guru
Views: 5,364
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 2 pro not turning on - has blinking keyboard

It seems like a hardware issue to me. You could try pressing F11 or F12 at startup, but if nothing shows up on the screen, it's best to take it for repair. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

WiredDan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,352
Message 3 of 5

The issue is described in great detail over at this link:

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro - stuck in reboot loop before POST: 

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3099126/lenovo-yoga-pro-stuck-reboot-loop-post.html

Here is an excerpt:

"I get power and keyboard lights, but no POST and no change to the screen. After a few seconds, the keyboard lights turn off. A few later the power light does. Then its off for a few, then it goes through this again... 

First symptoms - screen freeze and unresponsive with dashed horizontal black lines. Restarting system would allow the system to boot, but gradually this freeze became more frequent and happening earlier after start-up. Windows seemed to freeze more easily than Ubuntu, but both would freeze with similar symptoms. The system seems to be running hotter than it used to and fans come on more frequently. 

I re-installed Windows and the problem seemed to go away for a few weeks. Its returned and is worse. I'd been having trouble with video card drivers, the [relapse] happened not long after I had updated and changed some drivers. I tried to restore to [factory defaults] before I updated the drivers, but the system crashed about 10% into the restore."

WiredDan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,350
Message 4 of 5

The solution is to replace the motherboard... at your expense, of course. 

pfillmore
What's DOS?
Views: 953
Message 5 of 5

@EricX wrote:

It seems like a hardware issue to me. You could try pressing F11 or F12 at startup, but if nothing shows up on the screen, it's best to take it for repair. 

This is not a solution, this problem isn't "solved"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors