Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laffter
Paper Tape
Views: 649
Message 1 of 8

Yoga 2 pro picture library thumbnail size problem

I'm not sure if this is a windows issue, a screen resolution issue or what is going on. I use the windows 8.1 picture library like everyone else does -- to view and select certain photos for copying, moving or deleting. With my Yoga 2 pro, the extra large icons (thumbnails) are the same size as the large icons; too small to really see the picture. The only diggerence is that when viewing so-called extra large icons, there are only 4 per row instead of 11. These 4 are just separated by white space, not larger.  With the extra large icons I can not use my fingers to resize/zoom the page. How can get truly extra large thumbnails? 

More information: I have my display set at "extra extra large", 250%. Thanks for your help.

rossxom
Paper Tape
Views: 636
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 2 pro picture library thumbnail size problem

I have this problem exactly as you describe.  This is a big issue for me as I use extra large icons to select and tag photos.  Changing the screen resolution DOES NOT help this problem at all.  The only thing that has helped slightly is to use the magnifier tool to at least be able to see a little bit of detail in the pictures.  Has anyone seen a fix for this?

laffter
Paper Tape
Views: 633
Message 3 of 8

Maybe it's just the two of us. I see nothing about it on google. The magnifier is awkward, but better than the icons themselves.

Anyone?

rossxom
Paper Tape
Views: 627
Message 4 of 8

I did quite a bit of searching and didn't see any other mention of the problem.  But my issue is exactly the same as yours so it couldn't just be the two of us.  I assume that when you lower your screen resolution (to say, 1080p) it does not make the thumbnails larger? 

laffter
Paper Tape
Views: 604
Message 5 of 8

So Lenovo community can't help. I'll keep digging (huge sigh) and post here if I solve this huge problem.

DrSkids
What's DOS?
Views: 586
Message 6 of 8

It was easy to discover that this Yoga 2 Pro 13 also demonstrates the "spaced out" large icons instead of extra large icons.

I am not offering a solution but assuring you it  affects other Yogas.

Perhaps it is a Win 8.1 issue?

Dr. Skids

Guru
Views: 560
Message 7 of 8

I can confirm this. It is present on both the Yoga 2 Pro and Yoga 3 Pro. (3200x1800)

Both use the same panel.

I cannot find any information on this on the internet. But it seems that this is related to the DPI.

At a DPI of 200-250%, there was no or almost no difference between large and extra large and I see that the space in between enlarges.

When I lower the resolution to 1600x900 and set DPI to 100%, it behaves as expected.

It seems to me that this is rather related to Windows than the Yoga's. I will report it to Microsoft to hear what they have to say on this. Hang on!

But they can still enable the preview pane and enlarge that manually if necessary. So for now use the preview pane.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

NancyMG
What's DOS?
Views: 240
Message 8 of 8

I have a Lenovo Yoga Windows 10 - same problem.  Highly annoying!  If anyone discovers a solution, I'd be interested.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors