Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LisaMD
What's DOS?
Views: 4,964
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 2 will not boot - brand new!

I just bought a brand new yoga 2 11 only 10 days ago. I used it this afternoon, closed it up and walked away for a couple hours. This evening I tried to wake it up, and it's stuck on the Lenovo screen. After a while, it said Preparing automatic repair. It spun for 10 minutes and the screen went black. I forced shutdown and walked away, completely frustrated. Now if I try to reboot, all I see is the Lenovo screen. Nothing is happening. What can I do?!
wesley20850
Punch Card
Views: 4,917
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 2 will not boot - brand new!

Have you tried a full system restore?

Press the small button next to the power button on the right side of your laptop -> Scroll down to system restore -> Follow the instructions
LisaMD
What's DOS?
Views: 4,896
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, I did try that after realizing I would be forever stuck in the black screen / starting automatic repair loop. 

After doing a full restore, the laptop was different --- extremely sluggish to boot, sign in and open programs. It also refused to reinstall programs like iTunes and some apps that had been downloaded, installed and functioning fine in its previous iteration.

Honestly, I have been so frustrated, I returned the laptop and bought a completely different model. P.S., I'm using it now, and it's given me zero headaches! So far.....  

wesley20850
Punch Card
Views: 4,883
Message 4 of 4

It must've been a defective model. You made a good call by returning it.

Good luck on your new laptop and I hope you don't run into the same problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors