02-20-2017 10:45 PM
My wife's Yoga just today stopped charging or turning on. It was working seemingly fine before and would last several hours on battery (so don't think the battery was at the end of it's natural life). The little blinky light on the over no longer blinks when plugged in. There's 0 sign of life. Here's what I've tried:
1) Hold power button for 20 seconds (both with and without power plugged in while holding before plugging back in after)
2) Push the reset button with a pin for 10 seconds (again, with and without power plugged in)
3) Used voltage meter to validate 20V from power supply. Also tried a second power supply.
4) Removed cover and used voltage meter to validate 20V at board soldier points for the power jack (so power reaching board)
5) Checked all chips, hard drives, connectors that were readily visible to make sure they were tight.
Nothing when plugging back in.
1) Anyone know of any common remedies or things I can look for?
2) Any general guidance on getting something like this fixed? (ie, send to Lenovo, find a big name store like Best Buy, other?)
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-23-2017 02:19 AM
Hi there, Bdmesh -
Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.
There could a chances of motherboard failure. If it is under warranty I would recommend contacting Lenovo service centres and applying the normal phone techniques to get it replaced promptly.
Schedule a Call-back for faster support
English 24 hours a day 7 days/week
During business hours, you may also engage with live chat support.
Update us how it goes.
Tap that kudos button if I helped
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!