Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gepetohong
Paper Tape
Views: 2,923
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 3 11 Random Sleep Mode

I've had my Yoga 3 11" for about a month, and recently have been experiencing a strange behavior.  It randomly - and frequently - turns the screen off, even when I am actively working on it, where I have to re-log back on to unlock the screen.  It's to a point where this is happening every 5 minutes now.  I've re-configured the power options so that it doesn't turn off for an hour, but that didn't help.  It is almost un-workable at this point.  Has anyone else been experiencing this? 

Diane_Lenovo
What's DOS?
Views: 2,795
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 3 11 Random Sleep Mode

I've had my Yoga 3 11 for about 3 days. It goes into sleep mode and shuts off the hard disk every 2 minutes or so even if I am actively typing. If I can't find a solution in the next 2 days, I am returning it. I really like this laptop but this makes it unusable.  Has corrupted files that I am copying because the hard drive goes to sleep. I have set the power settings to shut down the screen after 3 hours and the hard disk never.

esz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,779
Message 3 of 7

I have a brand new Yoga 3 - 11. Bought at BestBuy a day ago. Randomly goes into the sleep mode with no apparent trigger. Looks like I am not alone with this problem. Is anyone from Lenovo watches these forums and provides solutions or should I plan on a return trip to BestBuy?

Diane_Lenovo
What's DOS?
Views: 2,774
Message 4 of 7

I have solved this black screen problem.  Unfortunately I am not exactly sure what specifically solved it.  I read somewhere that anti-virus incompatibilities can cause this issue. So the first thing I did was uninstall McAfee. I had intended to anyway as it isn't my preferred AV. When it was done uninstalling, my laptop needed to reboot. When I rebooted, there were 30 updates. When I rebooted after those there were 70 more updates. After 2 hours of updating, it has worked fine every since. No more random sleep. It now uses my Power settings appropriately.  Incidentally I checked the bios to see if it needed to be flashed but I already had the latest version.

I also bought this laptop at Best Buy a few days before you did. It seems that the image they have on the machines has some sort of incompatibility in drivers or something. I am happy to say that it is fixed. I was able to sync my 11K files on OneDrive for Business with no issue after fixing the sleep issue.  Good luck!

esz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,753
Message 5 of 7

Installing updates did help, thank you!

The computer did not want to update automatically, but after manual updates the random sleep issue seems resolved.

jgroshans
What's DOS?
Views: 2,399
Message 6 of 7

I uninstalled McAfee as well and seached for any and all updates.

No luck, still have random and very frequent sleep modes.

I hit escape to bring it back.  All settings have been checked.

File transfers have become an issue when it shuts down???

Any other suggestions?

Ridax
Paper Tape
Views: 483
Message 7 of 7

Know this is old, but I have experienced tjese problems as well and just found out what caused it in my case.

I think the laptop detects a closed screen with a magnet along the right edge. So as soon something slightly magnetic (like my phone) came too close the laptop went into standby.  I reconfigured the close lid action to nothing (which just turns off display) and now no sporadic standby anymore.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors