Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merucii
Fanfold Paper
Views: 243
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 3 11 high temperature with light usage

Hello,

I have Yoga 3 11 with Core M proceesor. Recently I observed high temperatures o CPU when I just surf the internet, watch a youtube etc. Temperature goes up to 85-90 C degree. Its very hot touch, in the processor area. In task meneger I didnt see any suspicous things, CPU usage is normal. From time to time I use Throttle Stop to prevent BDPROHOT throttling cpu clock to 500 MHz but even with throttle, temp are high. What is the case? I have Windows 10 with FCU update.

Flanimal
Token Ring
Views: 181
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 3 11 high temperature with light usage

I have the same laptop. I immeditely noticed that Web-page scrolling, web-video and youtube in Chrome generates a lot of heat on this laptop, pushing it ever closer to throttling. So I tend to used Edge for websites with video and youtube, which generates less heat.

Whenever I wish to do CPU intensive photo or video work on this laptop, I plonk it on a usb powered cooling tray and even add a flexible USB fan to the fray for GPU intensive gaming such as Flight Simulator X, which works a treat, but ironically increases the thickness of the ultra-portable laptop by a factor of 10!

I haven't tried Throttle Stop yet but I am aware of it.

If your CPU usage is normal but you are getting high temperatures, then I would be tempted to suspect that the GPU is being heavily used, perhaps by some plugin of your browser for adverts/videos, or perhaps flash, etc. Maybe you could try diabling all plugins, disable flash, and install adblockplus or something similar to see if that makes any difference.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors