04-21-2016

US

4 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga 3 11" Touch Screen quits after Windows 10 updates

2016-04-21, 12:44 PM

Three times when Windows 10 has done its updates, the touch screen has quit working on my Yoga 3.

The first time, tech support had me remove several drivers which did not solve the solution, but caused the computer to no longer work.

After restoring the system all worked well, but a few weeks later when the touch screen no longer worked again.

Once again, the only solution tech support could offer was to restore the system, which I did again. After reinstalling all my apps, all was well until the next update. Now I again no longer have a touch screen.

It's a big chore to reinstall all programs. I don't really want to do it again.

Anybody else had problems like this. Is this a hardware problem in this particular computer? I can't find others with the problem.

Options

1 Posts

04-21-2016

US

1 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 3 11" Touch Screen quits after Windows 10 updates

2016-04-21, 18:05 PM

I'm having the same trouble.  It worked for a few weeks after the Windows 10 update, but now I can't get it to respond to anything.  It's very frustrating, because this effectively nulifies the tablet capabilities which were a big part of why I chose this computer.

Options

2 Posts

04-21-2016

US

4 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 3 of 4

2016-04-21, 20:11 PM

On each of two calls to tech support, they asked me to do a system restore. I questioned them, asking "Doesn't that erase all my data?" Yes, they told me.

I was horrified that tech support would ask a caller to erase all data and apps while on the phone.

System restore does fix the problem until the next Windows upgrade. I've done it twice now.

Options

103 Posts

05-23-2015

GB

398 Signins

1539 Page Views

• Views: 1539
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-04-22, 19:35 PM

My Lenovo Yoga 3 11 has todays latest Windows 10 updates and the touchscreen is working fine. Just letting you know, sot that you can eliminate the concern that a Windows 10 update is not compatible with your Yoga. 

I have installed all of the necessary drivers from this URL:

http://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-1170?beta=false

Also I have installed Lenovo Companion, Lenovo Settings, Lenovo Transition, Lenovo Utility, OneKey Recovery and OneKey Optimizer.

I also installed Intel Update Utility to ensure that I have the latest graphics driver.

Good luck with fixing your laptops. Shocking that tech support are so lame as to suggest that you factory reset your machine or any problem. That is so cheap.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save