Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lambd4
Paper Tape
Views: 390
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 3-1170 - Screen flickering on Legacy

Hi,

I've recently bought a Lenovo Yoga 3-1170 (80J8), and all worked well till I decided to have dual boot Windows/Linux. Linux works great. I installed a clean copy of Windows 10 in Legacy mode. It worked well untill the HD5300 graphics card driver was installed when the screen started flickering.

I've been trying like mad  all possible drivers, screen brightness and power-saver configurations but nothing worked. Then I realized it could be the UEFI, so I installed a clean copy of Windows 10 on UEFI mode and worked fine. If I then change to Legacy support with UEFI as first option, the screen flickers again although Windows is in the UEFI. So it's clearly a problem of the BIOS.

Any idea how to solve the problem? Lenovo guys, are you gonna provide a BIOS update?

Thanks a lot

Stefan-4
Paper Tape
Views: 323
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 3-1170 - Screen flickering on Legacy

Hi lambd4,

I also lost many hours trying to solve the flickering problem without any success, including downgrading to Windows 8.1 etc.

Many thanks for the hint with Legacy vs. UEFI, that would never have come to my mind.

For not to have to completely reinstall I worked it around by switching Win to UEFI. (simple way described here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aewp3nbjY5c)

Yes, Lenovo, fix it and spend us some drinks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors