Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loafy
Paper Tape
Views: 233
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 3-14 Bios - Invalid Machine Type & Serial Number

I have a yoga 3-14 Model 80JH and had the mother board replaced under warranty about 2 years ago. Never noticed any issues since  it's my daughter's main PC. However recently she has complained about performance and I was doing some checking and see that the S/N and MTM show as "invalid" in the BIOS settings. I have the full S/N and MTM info from the sticker on the back but I can't seem to find any BIOS software from Lenovo that I can use to create a bootable CD or USB to make the changes as suggested with other models.

does anyone know how I might be able to update the BIOS with the correct S/N and MTM info so that the Lenovo tools will recognize the device and allow me to make updates?

thanks in advance!

Guru
Views: 218
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 3-14 Bios - Invalid Machine Type & Serial Number

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue.  I have first hand experience with what you described.  Lenovo authorized repair(Microcenter)replaced my nephews motherboard but failed to update the serial number and model number so his Vantage doesnt work.  We went back to Microcenter(the authorized repair center) in New York 3 times they finally said they can't update it and send back to Lenovo.  We gave up at that point since school was starting.  Only authorized repair centers have the tools to update.  With that being said they don't all seem to know how to update.  They claimed only way to update was new motherboard again.  Thats when we gave up.

Sorry that doesnt exactly fix your problem.  With that being said you can go to the driver site directly yourself.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-1470/80jh/downlo...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

loafy
Paper Tape
Views: 192
Message 3 of 4

Guru
Views: 188
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for coming back.  IF its under warranty you could ask Lenovo to fix it.  I know in my nephews case he wasted 2 trips to Microcenter AFTER i complained here and still didnt get his issue resolved.  I gave up and told him to manually look for updates and only update if he had a specific issue an update fixes.  I've seen my fair share of "bad" updates causing more problems.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors