Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdworkin
Paper Tape
Views: 2,628
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 3 14 -- Can't Access UEFI/BIOS Settings Screens

I have a Yoga 3 14 running Windows 10.  When I try to restart into EUFI Settings (following instructions http://zd.net/2fK7Zjw), machine boots up to a blank screen.  Computer is seemingly on (eg: cap lock button light and screen backlighting turn on and off), but nothing is visible on screen.  Powering off and on restarts computers successfully back to windows.

Thanks for your help!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,601
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 3 14 -- Can't Access UEFI/BIOS Settings Screens

Hello and welcome,

After a full shutdown (SHIFT + shutdown) try starting your laptop with the NOVO button.  IIRC the little button next to the power button on your model.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

mdworkin
Paper Tape
Views: 2,590
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for quick reply -- I tried this... same outcome.

It popped up the choice for "Normal Startup / Bios /... "  when I selected BIOS, screen turns dark/blank, as with the recovery settings method.

Please help!

mdworkin
Paper Tape
Views: 2,559
Message 4 of 4

UPDATE / Additional Details:

(a) there seems to be a blueish light that slowly blinks on the top, towards the left, the screen, when this is going on.  The manual doesn't seem to describe this light.

(b) The screen isn't totally dark (eg; its backlit), but there is nothing displayed.

(c) I don't believe its a screen issue and the settings are actually up as pressing ESC or Fn-F10 doesn't take me to windows boot.

Thanks again for assistance!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors