Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

04-17-2015

United Kingdom

14 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga 3 14 Loud fan

2015-07-09, 9:24 AM

So i posted this months ago but an admin changed my problem to "high pitched fan noise". That is not my problem. I just have a VERY loud fan (to the point where I don't take it to lectures because I'm too scared it will bother other students trying to listen to the lecturer) that is on most of the time im using my laptop although im only web browsing or document editing... Is there a way to manually turn off the fan or make it come on less often? 

For reference I have the i7-5500U model.

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 3 14 Loud fan

2015-07-10, 9:41 AM

Hi Sg1995,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with loud fan in your Lenovo yoga 3 14.

I referred the previous post which you have posted, as Andy had mentioned to update the BIOS, did the BIOS update work?

Also try to remove the dust through dust removal application in the energy manager, go to energy manager select maintenance and guide option and select dust removal.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

10-17-2015

United Kingdom

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-10-17, 8:19 AM

Hi, I have just installed the BIOS update, unconvinced that has made any difference. Yoga 3 14 i7 with SSD & 8Gb RAM so should be hardly be being stressed with MSOffice application & web, yet if I play solitaire online (MS app as a guest) I have a fan chuffing in the background, with the task monitor an a few % processor usage. So, its still not resolved IMHO. David

Options

5 Posts

07-30-2015

croatia

10 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 4 of 4

2015-10-19, 12:19 PM

I have updated bios and all drivers. Fan is still loud. Every time I open a new tab on Chrome it starts loudly working for 2 min then it stops. same happens when swithching from tab to tab. Chrome being the only program running on the comp.

I have model with i7 proc and nvidia card but chrome is not set to work with nvidia at all. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms