Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kriskobago
Paper Tape
Views: 3,270
Message 1 of 9

Yoga 3 14 blurry text/apps windows 10

Hi,

I deal with this problem since an upgrade to windows 10 and hopefully someone of you guys know the solution. 

I have a dpi scaling set for 150% and that is fine for me except some apps are really blurry (so far i noticed for example skype, spotify, facebook chat/search bar in web browsers, even device manager). I searched the web for a solution and each of them tell me to set scalling for 100, 125% or manually disable dpi scaling for every app i use but when i do this everything is ridiculously small so it is not really the solution, more like bypassing it.

So, going to the point, do you know any way to keep apps like skype big and make them sharp at the same time? I know it is probably more windows 10 issue and its scalling on 14" fullhd screens but maybe someone has a solution or at least more information about it (does microsoft knows about this issue, do they work on some fix or smth?)

Oh, and also my two finger tap doesn't work (i only have two fingers click). I read posts about changing the registry on windows 8.1 but unfortunately it didn't work for me on windows 10. 

Best regards

kriskobago
Paper Tape
Views: 3,177
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga 3 14 blurry text/apps windows 10

Seriously none of you experienced that issue? Is it only my notebook's problem? It is iritating so i can't imagine nobody didn't show interest :-) 

TácekCZ
What's DOS?
Views: 3,118
Message 3 of 9

Hey,

I have the same problem, unfortunately i can't find out any solution so far Smiley Sad Even though i'm ticking "disable DPI" or something, it doesn't help. If you'll find a way how to fix it, please let me know Smiley Happy 

gcooo
Paper Tape
Views: 3,004
Message 4 of 9

Same here, I haven't found any solutions so far, though.

foolio21
What's DOS?
Views: 2,978
Message 5 of 9

I too have this issue but have been able to resolve it. Right click the desktop, click "display settings" then under "change the size of text, apps and other items" from 150% to 100%. it will make things small but you can increase font size. it improved my gaming as well, before d3 ran at 15-20fps and afterwards its 40-50

stxmassive_2000
What's DOS?
Views: 2,472
Message 6 of 9

I have the same problem.  I've been dealing with this for almost a year.  I am sick of it.  Still no solution.  I can't believe there's no help yet.

MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 2,461
Message 7 of 9

Hi guys,

I've had the same issue and used this app that fixes the bad scaling on my Yoga 500:

http://windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/

Select "Use Windows 8.1 scaling" and set zoom to 125% and reboot. Works a charm!

Credit to Michiel Schermer for the great app!
miraxm
What's DOS?
Views: 1,704
Message 8 of 9

It works perfectly!

Yoga920
Paper Tape
Views: 441
Message 9 of 9

I have the Yoga 920 and it has the same problem. I use an external display connected through USB-C and everytime I swap displays I see my text blurry on outlook and other applications. I tried the "Fix apps that are blurry" setting from Windows but it does not fix it.

Also, in Excel, the cursor changes in the expected shapes but the sizes are odd, like the cross which is really big or others of the same size (about a fingertip size).

It's really discouraging that having such a great display resolution it also comes with these scaling/blurriness problems.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors