Germany

69 Signins

605 Page Views

• Views: 605
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga 3-14 drops connection, refuses to connect

2015-07-03, 22:16 PM

Hey guys,

I own my new Yog 3-14 for about one month now and it has been pretty awesome so far.
Just lately I noticed my computer losing connection to the router.
Before I go into detail of my "problem" I will describe my situation and what else I noticed this whole time.

My current situation looks like this: As I am a student already having the luxury of living in my own apartment I sadly cannot aford additional costs for my own internet but my neighbor kindly lets me use her network. The router, though, already is a few years old (unfortunately I don't know the exact age but I am guessing it's more than 6 years).

Everything had been pretty good so far but lately I noticed my iPhone often losing connection to said router. When it wouldn't reconnect on its own I would try by myself but selecting the router from the wifi menu often would lead to a connection period of 2seconds and then it would drop again. After doing that for a few times the network then would completely disappear from the list of available networks. Finally after a few minutes it would automatically reconnect itself and work perfectly fine.

The router is placed in the room next to my bedroom, as my neighbor has her office in my floor. So I doubt the connection loss is related to too many walls or a big distance in between.

So far so good. Then I bought my new Yoga 3-14 one month ago and everything had been fine.
Oddly, my iPhone stopped having the problem described above but for about one week now my laptop is acting up instead. Suddenly losing connection (strangely only in the evening between 8pm and 11pm??!! The rest of the day it's totally fine), refusing to reconnect, then suddenly not showing my neighbor's router in the list anymore, and finally reconnecting on its own after about 3~5mins.

As my phone was showing the same problem I first didn't make a big deal out of it since I assumed the router itself would be the reason. After all it is pretty old and since it is summer here in Germany I also assumed it just randomly cannot take the heat anymore and just kicks out someone that is using the network alot to cool down. But I also know that some owners of different Lenovo products often complained about random connection loss and that got me a bit doubtful about my whole theory. :D

Now I would like to hear your opinion about this as I am starting to think that it actually might be about my laptop.
Please also keep in mind that when my PC (and also iPhone) are not showing my neighbors network anymore they still keep showing my 2nd neighbor's network (apartment below mine) with almost full bars and also pretty weak ones from outside (maybe neighboring houses) with one signal bar. It is just my neighbor's network that is not showing up even though the router is practically next to me. I am not experiencing any speed problems, after reconnecting it just runs perfectly.

Also, I already switched off the "allow computer to switch off device to save energy" option but I think it's not very significant now as I only did that about 30mins ago after researching about this "problem".

So what do you think? Is it just my neighbor's old router that is finally showing its age or should I be concerned about my laptop starting to have some problems?

Thank you veeeery much in advance! I am looking forward to your answers!! :)

Options

18 Posts

06-03-2015

Germany

69 Signins

605 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Betreff: Yoga 3-14 drops connection, refuses to connect

2015-07-09, 15:28 PM

Guys, noone wanting to give me his opinion? :smileysad:

I am experiencing this issue pretty often now. With my laptop as well as with my phone...

Options

31 Posts

04-26-2015

Washington D.C.

110 Signins

646 Page Views

• Views: 646
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-07-09, 22:13 PM

you need to check network card settings. I'm not have this problem.

Options

18 Posts

06-03-2015

Germany

69 Signins

605 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2015-07-09, 22:24 PM

Master255 schrieb:

you need to check network card settings. I'm not have this problem.

As mentioned above: my settings seem all fine and my phone is also showing the same issues. So I don't really think my PC is having some issues.

Still thank you for your answer.

And I still would appreciate other people's opinion! :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete