Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shipsintherain
What's DOS?
Views: 591
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 3 14 i7 poor battery life

Hey there!

So I just picked up my Yoga 3 14 after reading a number of reviews. From what I read people seem to to be clocking up around 7 hours.

Since owing the machine I have updated the OS to Windows 10 and installed a few bits and bobs. As I sit here with the screen brightness at 50% Windows tells me that I have 2 hours remaining. Naturally this estimate varies quite a bit but I generally seem to be getting around 3 hours of light use.

Running the windows battery health check shows that the battery looks OK so I'm not sure why I seem to be getting less battery life than the revewers, unless Windows 10 is a massive battery hog.

Also, I tend to keep the brightness around 50% and the power plan on balanced.

Any more Yoga 3 14 owners out there? How does your battery fair?

eddi0
Paper Tape
Views: 568
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 3 14 i7 poor battery life

Same problem, downgraded it back to 8.1 and same problem. Looks like about 3 hours of battery on this thing, must be a dud. 

pastafarian
Token Ring
Views: 563
Message 3 of 7

It's been a while since I had a 3 14, but it never got close to 7hrs battery life. Maybe 5 in mixed use with a little wifi, but 3-4 with everything on and heavy use seems about right.
shipsintherain
What's DOS?
Views: 548
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the feedback. Wonder how reviewers were able to clock such high numbers. I'm not bothered as I don't need to go off battery all that often, but it seems to be off the advertised up to 7.5 hours. Unless that was recorded in energy saver mode with the brightness on the lowest value!

pastafarian
Token Ring
Views: 539
Message 5 of 7

The advertised number is never attainable in the real world. My rule of thumb is to subtract around 2 hours for real world expectations. Some reviewers actually test the battery life, most rely on the manufacturers number. There are tweaks that can be made to squeeze out a little more useful life, maybe 5-10% more if you're lucky.
eddi0
Paper Tape
Views: 531
Message 6 of 7

Agreed but when CNET and LapTop Review both rated the battery at almost exact estimates (roughlly 8 hours), how are we getting 3 hours?  I only paid $400 for my Yoga 3 14 but come on, 3 hours???  My 5 year old Toshiba does better than that.

a-student
What's DOS?
Views: 417
Message 7 of 7

The weird thing about my Yoga 14 (i5) is that when I first bought it 2 months ago, I was getting 7 hours of battery time. Today, I'm only getting around 3. What happened? My usage hasn't changed, I'm careful with it and don't beat it up, and I've changed the settings so that it's always in 'Battery Saver' mode. What is the solution Lenovo support?

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors