07-02-2015

United States

3 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 191 of 407

Re: Yoga 3 14 inch Touch Screen Issues

2015-07-02, 23:32 PM

Same laptop, same problem, started shortly after we received it.  Hopefully this firmware fix comes soon!

Options

31 Posts

04-26-2015

Washington D.C.

110 Signins

646 Page Views

• Views: 646
  • Message 192 of 407

2015-07-02, 23:42 PM
I always use a touchscreen. But the ghostly press appear only when my fingers are wet. Then I press the power button twice. Laptop falls asleep and wakes up without the phantom clicks. Also, my phone works galaxy s5.
Options

6 Posts

06-23-2015

Brisbane, Australia

9 Signins

138 Page Views

• Views: 138
  • Message 193 of 407

2015-07-03, 8:11 AM

ok another update. putting the yoga in tablet mode causes touch to stop working completely or in some areas. still getting ghost touches also from time to time.

i rang lenovo support again and the guy asked me to return to machine for repair. i insisted that he look up the case Amy Tupper from lenovo US is workng on to see if the issue is hardware related. Im not sure if he actually did this, but after a few minutes on hold (whilst he was looking this up?)  he came back and told me this was a confirmed hardware issue. Im in brisbane and he told me it should be 5 days from pickup to return of the machine. Its due to be picked up on monday.

wish me luck!

wrote:

Quick update..

since installing the drivers for the touch pad i have not seen the phamtom touch issue. I havent used the machine alot in this time, but hostorically i would have expected to see it by now. What i have seen (never at the time though) is various pages being zoomed in (i.e. pinch zoom type behaviour). Im on a web page, i go away for a minute, i come back and its zoomed in. I can only surmise this is something to do with the same issue. This has happened 4 or 5 times in the space of one hour. 

So anyhow.. there's my update. ;)

Matt

wrote:

I purchased a Yoga 3 14 back in February. the machine i brought home was dead on arrival in that the battery did not retain any charge after being plugged in all day. as soon as the charge cable was disconnected the machine would turn off and the battery would be completely flat.

Lenovo offerred a DOA replacement through Harvey Norman *where i purchased it) and i had a replacement machine in a few days.

After a month or so i started to get the issue with the touchscreen. I read all the responses in this forum and others and thought it may have to do with the logitech mouse / usb ports. I disable the wake option for the usbs in the usb drivers and the problem seemed to resolve itself for a week or so. Unfortunately it came back and i have been having this anywhere from a few times a day to once every few days. I keep the machine fully updated for Windows and no driver updates are out of date after running the lenovo driver check software.

as you can see from the attached video, there are multiple 'phamtom' touches occurring on the screen. even better in this example, i was in outlook and the multiple touches were deleting email after email from my inbox!!! NOT GOOD!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKDp5L931Gc

Anyhow, none of the fixes i tries around ower management fixed the issue. i tried disabling the touchscreen and this did work, but obviously this isnt the option i want to progress when i buy a touchscreen laptop/tablet. I also wasn't able to find the support page for drivers for the Yoga 3 14 and running the 'detect my machine' software from lenovo resulted in me being directed to a thinkpad support page and not the one for Yoga 3 14.

I looged a call on the 27th (yesterday) with Lenovo support. The guy i spoke to claimed he had heard nothing of this issue before. I propted pointed him to this forum and also to the reviews on the Lenovo Yoga 3 14 product page where multiple people had reported this issue. I also directed him to the address for Ami from Lenovo US who responded earlier to this thread abouth this issue (but has since been quiet?)

He also told me that the actual name of this product was the Lenovo 3 1470 and support drivers are at the following link.

http://support.lenovo.com/au/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-1470

I found it interesting that the product name on the back of the machine was "Yoga 3 14" and not "Yoga 3 1470". Also, entering the MTM number from the back, directed me to a thinkpad support page.

Anyhow, on the link above the suport guy directed me select 'mouse nd keypad' from the components dropdown and then download and install the touchpad driver for win 8.1 http://support.lenovo.com/au/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-1470/downloads/DS102275

i have done this and so far, no issues. it has only been a day, but so far so good. 

either way, i thought id log my experience and progress so far in case it prompted or assisted anyone else. Hopefully we will work this out ourselves soon as there doesnt seem to be much support form Lenovo.

I know if the issue persists, i will be seeking escalation from Lenovo support and failing a suitable resolution will be taking more 'formal' support via onbudsman and / or consumer affairs. 

Fingers crossed i dont need to do this though as i just want to use this machine!  That said, would i buy another Lenovo? At this stage, "NO WAY!".

Matt

p.s. also had an issue (one time only) on Friday where the mouse cursor was continually moving left. This is the same as the left arrow being held down continuously. It wasnt stuck or being held though. Anyhow, a reboot resolved this and i havent seen it since. 

Matt

Options

12 Posts

05-28-2015

IL

13 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 194 of 407

2015-07-03, 12:05 PM
Lenovo sent me a replacement computer but I am within 90 days of purchase. So far so good yesterday and today, but the last time I had the Geek Squad people scrub bad files off the machine it worked for almost two weeks before the ghost touches cropped up every hour or so, so we'll see. I can't imagine what the odds would be of having the same problem twice.
This first computer had other problems too. The Store app had corrupt files and it would go crazy every now and then. Outlook would freak out and I'd have to restart the computer. The computer would get stuck during restarts. Lenovo issue? Windows 8? I wonder if you all had other problems that accompanied the ghost touch defect.
If it goes bad you'll all know, even without reading this forum, because I will probably chain myself to Lenovo headquarters and stage a hunger strike, but I think they'd let me starve, so maybe I shouldn't do that.

Options

1 Posts

07-03-2015

Brunswick, Victoria

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 195 of 407

2015-07-03, 14:48 PM

I have the same issue with the touchscreen. The cursor moves by itself, applications open and close by itself, video pause and continue by itself. It is so frustrating! Does anyone has a solution please.

Options

1 Posts

07-04-2015

Washington

3 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 196 of 407

2015-07-04, 2:08 AM
mbarron94 thank you for posting what you have been dealing with. Ive had my lenovo yoga 3 for a couple months now and i have been dealing with the exact same thing regarding the touch screen but have just kinda suffered through it. I now know i am pretty much guaranteed that i will need to send mine off to lenovo as well but i will give them a call first.
Options

5 Posts

07-04-2015

Nanaimo

2 Signins

89 Page Views

• Views: 89
  • Message 197 of 407

2015-07-04, 21:46 PM

Same same exact problem as yours :(((

"This one is a little more serious. about 1 out of every 4 times I start my computer the touch screen will begin to freak out and act as if something is touching it in like 20 different places at the same time. I can see the little touch circles appear all over the screen when my hands arent even touching the computer. Obviously when this is happening it renders the computer useless cause everything gets clicked and all I can do to stop it is force shut it down."

how did you relsolve this problem? please any help?

I have other other problems too: touch screen sometime does not work, lighting does not work, but cursor keep hiding and jumping is my most frustrating issue. I am hating this laptop :((( Wonder if is a hardware or software issue? I bought the hardware insurance from them at the moment I bought this evil laptop. Have not much time to contact Lenovo. T the time of shipping I contacted them because they had put down my address wrong and had to call 3 times each representative would say yes your address has been corrected and then the next would say there is no correction.... so had bad experience with customer service from day 1. 

Options

5 Posts

07-04-2015

Nanaimo

2 Signins

89 Page Views

• Message 198 of 407

2015-07-04, 22:08 PM
Same same exact problem as yours :(((
"This one is a little more serious. about 1 out of every 4 times I start my computer the touch screen will begin to freak out and act as if something is touching it in like 20 different places at the same time. I can see the little touch circles appear all over the screen when my hands arent even touching the computer. Obviously when this is happening it renders the computer useless cause everything gets clicked and all I can do to stop it is force shut it down."
how did you relsolve this problem? please any help?

I have other other problems too: touch screen sometime does not work, lighting does not work, but cursor keep hiding and jumping is my most frustrating issue. I am hating this laptop :((( Wonder if is a hardware or software issue? I bought the hardware insurance from them at the moment I bought this evil laptop. Have not much time to contact Lenovo. T the time of shipping I contacted them because they had put down my address wrong and had to call 3 times each representative would say yes your address has been corrected and then the next would say there is no correction.... so had bad experience with customer service from day 1.
Options

5 Posts

07-04-2015

Nanaimo

2 Signins

89 Page Views

• Message 199 of 407

2015-07-04, 22:32 PM

Hi I downloaded the device you suggested and seems good for the last 10 minutes!!! no cursur jumping and touch screen works too. It can be just it??? you may want to put this device download again on forum first page seems work and many people will love to know it. How does your work now after some time passed please update me. Thank you so much and I was so disperate download that device Touchpad driver for win 8.1. wondering if there will be any risk because of the download of this devise in computer. Any thought? And thank you again. Hope cursure now stays without jumping and closing windows.

Options

5 Posts

07-04-2015

Nanaimo

2 Signins

89 Page Views

• Message 200 of 407

2015-07-04, 22:51 PM
Hi try what mat suggested before sending to Lenovo . It worked for me too> no ghosts and jumping cursor also my touchscreen works 2 minutes installation of device; Below is the link Mat suggested :
Anyhow, on the link above the suport guy directed me select 'mouse nd keypad' from the components dropdown and then download and install the touchpad driver for win 8.1 http://support.lenovo.com/au/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-1470/downloads/DS10...
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete