Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbarron94
Paper Tape
Views: 61,603
Message 1 of 401

Yoga 3 14 inch Touch Screen Issues

Hey guys first off im new to the community cause I just got my first Lenovo about 10 days ago after using HP's for most of my life. So far I love it, everything about it is amazing its got the i7 processor and the Intel 5500 graphics which is plenty for anything I can bring to the table. But I have had two issues with it so far I havent been able to resolve;

1. Somehow or another after the second day I set my computer in what im assuming is "FN key lock" or something like that. F1-F12 normally would require you to hold FN in order to click, while the functions such as mute, volume up/down, brightness adjust, etc... would be free to click. But then after the second day it switched and I prefer it the way it was at first.

2. This one is a little more serious. about 1 out of every 4 times I start my computer the touch screen will begin to freak out and act as if something is touching it in like 20 different places at the same time. I can see the little touch circles appear all over the screen when my hands arent even touching the computer. Obviously when this is happening it renders the computer useless cause everything gets clicked and all I can do to stop it is force shut it down.

Any help or solutions would be MUCH appreciated, thanks guys!!!

mbarron94
Paper Tape
Views: 61,168
Message 2 of 401

Re: Yoga 3 14 inch issues

bump (I hope thats allowed here DSmiley Wink
mbarron94
Paper Tape
Views: 61,136
Message 3 of 401

Re: Yoga 3 14 inch issues

Is this forum empty? D:
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 61,130
Message 4 of 401

Re: Yoga 3 14 inch Touch Screen Issues

Hi mbarron94, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

#1 is easy: Fn+Esc to toggle Fn Lock on and off.

#2 is harder. Did it always do this? What happened prior to it starting? I suggest calling Lenovo support.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
mbarron94
Paper Tape
Views: 61,110
Message 5 of 401

Well, Thanks for responding! I have actually tried FN+esc and it doesnt work for me, I have tried simply clicking it, holding it, reversing it, none of which work. :/

And as far as the touch screen issue goes, as far as I can remember it started happening after maybe the second or third time I flipped it to tablet mode. I have never dropped it, or anything.

francoeur500
Punch Card
Views: 61,095
Message 6 of 401

Hi,

I have issue number 1 as well. I've set it so that Fn key is needed to send F1 F2 etc but it reverts back by itself to the other setting (needing Fn to activate vol controls etc.) when I reboot. 

The suggestion to press Fn + Esc just toggles the Book reading mode.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 61,038
Message 7 of 401

Yes you're right, Fn+Esc toggles paper display mode on the Yoga 3 14, not Fn Lock. I was mistakenly thinking of the ThinkPad Yoga 14. Unfortunately I don't think there is an Fn Lock funciton.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
mbarron94
Paper Tape
Views: 61,028
Message 8 of 401

Well it looks like ill be contacting Lenovo support this evening. One of the major reasons I chose lenovo was because it apparently has the best customer support over any computer brand (except apple). Looks like ill be putting it to use!
mbarron94
Paper Tape
Views: 60,962
Message 9 of 401

Havent contacted customer support yet, but I can add that now my touch screen isnt working period. I dont know if this relates to anything in any way, but my external wireless mouse no longer works either. Great.

francoeur500
Punch Card
Views: 60,920
Message 10 of 401

That's a bummer. This model only just started selling and already quite a few reports of hardware issues. I hope mine holds up OK, I've been using it 12 hours plus per day and so far it's great except for that annoying Fn key s/w.

I hope you get a replacement which works as it should. Since my machine is fine I'm really happy with it.

Btw. there was an update today to the Lenovo Settings app which controls the Fn behavior but the problem still persists.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors