03-28-2015

Russia

20 Signins

147 Page Views

• Views: 147
  • Message 31 of 407

Re: Yoga 3 14 inch Touch Screen Issues

2015-03-29, 18:32 PM
I also watched the video from CES 2015. But have not heard that this modification will be released in the summer.
Options

14 Posts

02-28-2015

Texas

25 Signins

97 Page Views

• Views: 97
  • Message 32 of 407

2015-03-29, 19:23 PM

sorry guys that it has taken this long to respond. heres the update:

- The factory reset only worked for about 2 days, then the issue started happening again.

- I had to send my computer back to Lenovo,

- They paid for everything except the box to ship it to them.

- If I remember correct these are the things they replaced: Keyboard, touch Pad, LCD Screen, Motherboard, and "Other" (stated that way on the repair sheet)

- the whole repair process took about 10 days, but I think that was majorly contributed to the repair depot being only about 200 miles away. If you have to send it across the country it would surely take longer, as it was only across the state for me (Texas).

- its been about 8 days since I recieved the computer back, and so far no issues.

As far as the yoga 3 14 inch coming out with the NVidia graphics I remember reading about that when I was researching to purchase mine, but I havent heard anything new about that claim. If I could have waited till they released the Nvidia graphics I would have, unfortunately my other laptop died so I had to get a new one asap.

But In case you didnt catch it, one major downside to having the Nvidia graphics in the yoga 3 14, is that it will increase the thickness of the laptop tremendously. I dont have too much of a need for the upgraded graphics because I only play the occasional minecraft, and the Intel 5500 with the i7 is more than enough for minecraft.

Hope this update can help some.

Options

3 Posts

04-07-2015

Germany

1 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 33 of 407

Yoga3 14 Touchscreen issues!!!

2015-04-07, 13:19 PM

I bought me the new Yoga3 14, as Lenovo is normaly really good quality,

but I'm really frustrated, makes me feel like an Alpha tester for your device...

There are more thinks that drives me crazy, but now,

my touchscreen is freaking around and that's really annoying!!!

Touchscreen freaks out [YOUTUBE]

Should I throw it against the wall or does somebody has an idea/help for me?

Thx!

5/19/15 EDIT: Removed offensive language.

Options

1 Posts

04-07-2015

Malaysia

12 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 34 of 407

Re: Yoga3 14 Touchscreen issues!!!

2015-04-07, 16:28 PM

Same problem here!!!

1st time user of Lenovo product and such a big let down....

The cursor was running all over like crazy and doing all sort of evil things...open apps, shut down programs, zooms....

Bought last month in KL Malaysia from company called ALL IT ...

Truly surprise why all the super clever people in Lenovo hv no solution to this....or are they just super dumb/smart that earning easy salaries...

Its so frustrated having spend RM3000 for such a piece of junk...

For those who intend to buy this Yoga3 14, please think it over and over again....

having said that, still hoping others victims like us are able to work out some solution...

Hate the idea of sending back to the service center....bought it as part working tools, who is gonna compensate for lost of business if they hold the notebook for long period of service ????

5/19/15 EDIT: Removed offensive language.

Options

33 Posts

03-11-2015

CA

180 Signins

820 Page Views

• Views: 820
  • Message 35 of 407

2015-04-07, 23:01 PM

had the touch screen issue. had started out as only happening after being put to sleep, but started to act up after being used for longer periods with no rest. got so fed up with it I ended up turning off the touch screen. Put in a service call two weeks ago to get a replacement unit. They let me keep the old one until the new one came in, which I got today. So far, the fan issue i had (buzzing like something was rubbing) seems to be better, and the touch screen seems good so far, but that issue started happening after having the device for 2 weeks... so we'll see..

Funny thing, I got a bill for just under $2 from Lenovo to cover the tax of the Provicial disposal fee...I don't think I've ever had that happen before....

Cheers!

Steph S.

Options

10 Posts

03-31-2015

MY

23 Signins

240 Page Views

• Views: 240
  • Message 36 of 407

2015-04-13, 8:11 AM

I've similar problem with the touch screen as you've hilited (half screen working & half screen dead), I thought it's spoilt but after reboot everthing seem to be normal....so I suspect it's related to software......I will try your tips if it can prevent the issue recurrence.

Options

33 Posts

03-11-2015

CA

180 Signins

820 Page Views

• Message 37 of 407

2015-04-13, 14:24 PM

wrote:

I've similar problem with the touch screen as you've hilited (half screen working & half screen dead), I thought it's spoilt but after reboot everthing seem to be normal....so I suspect it's related to software......I will try your tips if it can prevent the issue recurrence.

I thought it may have been software related, until I got my replacement. With the first laptop, when opening/adjusting the screen by either side of the screen, produced flex enough to cause temporary discoloration of the screen at the presssure point, and about and inch up an down, despite not that much pressure being applied...at the time I thought it was odd, and it was a bit concerning, but paid it little mind...I'm starting to think it may have had something to do with the screen issues, because it progressively got worse, and would start happening more frequently/sooner after turning on the laptop. it got so bad that I had to turn off the touch screen altogether.

the replacement on the other hand doesn't exibit this behaviour, so it may be they've added a little reinforcement on the sides of the screen, and so far so good, albeit I've only had the new laptop for a week now, the pressure point "issue" was apparent from day one on the old laptop.

Cheers!

Steph S.

Options

10 Posts

03-31-2015

MY

23 Signins

240 Page Views

• Views: 240
  • Message 38 of 407

2015-04-22, 6:38 AM

Pls share how to turn OFF the "touch screen" only ? Want to learn a safer way so that not to screw up other settings. Thks !

Options

33 Posts

03-11-2015

CA

180 Signins

820 Page Views

• Message 39 of 407

2015-04-22, 12:11 PM

the safest/easiest way to turn it off is to just disable it in device manager.

- bring up windows search and look for device manager and select it. alternatively go to control panel and select device manager (better to select icon view to see it)

- go down the list to human interface devices and expand it.

- go to HID-compliant touch screen and right click on it and select disable.

- to renable, just do the above and select enable instead.

The best solution I found was to have my laptop replaced or go through waranty to have it fixed.

cheers!

Steph S.

Options

4 Posts

04-23-2015

Lisbon

6 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 40 of 407

2015-04-23, 22:52 PM

Hi Steph,

How long did you take to request a replacement?

I have my yoga 3 14 for about 1,5 months (only mild use) but the ghost touch inputs are driving me crazy to the point of having disabled the touchscreen (which I loved using).

Thanks,

Nuno

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save