Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nwaves
802.11n
Views: 124
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 3 14" 1470 vertical bars after windows update

I turned it on, everything looked good. It's the first time I turn it on for the past 2 weeks. I checked my emails and then looked for Lenovo updates, knowing that there was some security issue with Lenovo Solution Center. Tried to update to the latest Yoga Mode Control 1.0.0.9, but didn't seem to install. Next I updated Lenovo Utility to 3.0.0.4. Tried updating LSC, didn't work. Downloaded LSC manually and started the install. In the meantime, I was checking for Windows updates, found the ones release on May 10th, downloaded them and proceeded to install. While installing screen started to act funny, first it turned a bit pinkish, 10 seconds later went back to normal. One minute later it started to have these lighter vertical bars of random thickness and it stopped responding to any keyboard or touchpad input. 30 seconds later the colors slowly started to fade, wasn't able to see the icons anymore and the screen went all vertical bars of various white/grey/black nuances. Closed the lid, put it to sleep got back, same thing. Tried turning it off from the button, no luck. Pressed the Nova button it turns it off and then back on to the same bars. I'm not sure how to restart it or turn it off, or get into safe mode since I can't see anything on the screen. I don't have a micro HDMI cable so I can't check the HDMI output. Warranty run out exactly one month ago.

Any ideas?

nwaves
802.11n
Views: 86
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 3 14" 1470 vertical bars after windows update

I got a micro HDMI cable and found out that the laptop works fine when connected to a TV. Digitizer also works well because the pointer jumps on the TV when I touch the laptop screen. I tried various video driver versions, none made any difference. Also, I'm unable to see the boot logo which is before the video driver loads so I'm inclined to take the video driver out of the possible culprits. At this point I'm thinking it's either the LCD or the cable connecting the motherboard to the LCD. Are these common issues on this model?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors