Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

06-23-2015

Florida, USA

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 3 14" Touchscreen Issues & Screen Distortion

2015-06-23, 17:11 PM

I'm having a couple of issues on my brand new Yoga 3 14".

I just booted up this morning and the touchscreen is non-responsive. I've tried hard booting, restarting, shutting down and booting back up, booting up with the power plug in, without it in. Nothing is affecting the touch screen. Having no other problems with the comp (other than a slight screen distortion which has been there since the comp's first boot up - a black line about 1 pixel wide with a length down the entire screen, it only shows up on some colors on the screen and cannot be seen in a screen shot, I will include an image of it that I took with my phone), no probs with the trackpad touch. I've tried turning airplane on and off.

(Image of the screen distortion)

rsz_2015-06-23-11-56-52_deco.jpg

I think what caused the touch screen issues has to do with the Windows update the comp just had. I was logging off last night and it wanted to do an update before shutting down. Not sure what the update was for, but it was fairly short. I am on Windows 8 (pre-installed).

I just received my Yoga 3 a few days ago and have only used it a handful of times so far. I've barely changed any settings or done anything to it that could have altered the comp. I haven't even transferred my files yet or used it for a full day of computing. The most time I've spent on it so far has been to watch a TV show on Netflix last night... I've only flipped it into a different mode once, last night. I did not have trouble with the touch screen last night, only since booting up after the Windows update. The screen distortion has been present since the beginning. I believe they are unrelated occurances, but possibly a sign of a defective touch screen? :(

These are the specs on my comp in case that is needed:

processor
5th Generation Intel Core i7-5500U Processor (2.40GHz 1600MHz 4MB)
♦ operating system
Windows 8.1 64
♦ graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 940M 2GB
♦ memory
8.0GB  DDR3L 1600 MHz
♦ display
14.0" FHD LED AntiGlare Multitouch (1920x1080)
♦ pointing device
ClickPad
♦ hard drive
256GB SSD
♦ battery
4 Cell 45 Watt Hour Li-Polymer
♦ network card
Lenovo AC Wireless
♦ bluetooth
Bluetooth Version 4.0
♦ weight
3.74 lbs( 1.7 kgs)
♦ height
0.72in( 18.3 mm)
♦ width
13.19in( 334.9 mm)
♦ depth
9.04in( 229.5 mm)

EDIT at 5:40pm:

Ok so I did some diagnostic testing using Lenovo's tools... Looks like the screen wasn't working properly because one of the USB hub drivers was disabled (have no idea why). So I enabled it... The screen is now responding to touch again and working fine. But I still have this issue of the dead pixels running down the screen. I think that can be a sign of the screen being damaged or messed up from the time of manufacturing, so should I return this unit and get a replacement?? I don't want the screen to crap out on me in 1 year, conviniently after the warranty expires...

Options

1251 Posts

11-19-2012

Egypt

1333 Signins

10326 Page Views

• Views: 10326
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 3 14" Touchscreen Issues & Screen Distortion

2015-06-26, 14:33 PM

Dear Britpen

Welcome in lenovo community

Kindly contact the below support for more help .

USA.jpg

Thanks

Alaa

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms