Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kellygunner
Paper Tape
Views: 117
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 3 14" & Yoga 2 Pro Both Laptops Not Turning On

So three weeks ago, I was working on my Yoga 3 14" and popped to get a drink, I came back and the screen was blank, I assumed it had gone to sleep, so hit a key to wake it up. Nothing! 

The laptop was plugged in, so I know it hadn't run out of charge.

After sheer panic, I contacted Lenovo, who told me that my warranty was out by a month, and that I could send it to them to diagnose, and they would tell me how much to fix, then it was up to me if they did or not.

One I wouldn't be happy about not having my laptop for a couple of weeks minimum, but also it had all my private information on.

I turned to good old google, and stumbled across this forum, and somebody with the same problem.

Their solution was to unscrew the back case of the laptop (as mentioned above, my warranty was already out), remove the battery cable, hold down the power button for 30 seconds and reconnect the battery cable.

I did this, and low and behold it worked. Fantastic!

Only for it to happen twice more that week, and approx twice a week since.

Then yesterday my brother contacts me saying his laptop has died, just won't turn on. His is the Yoga 2 Pro, I told him to bring it to mine, and I would try what I had to do to mine, to his, low and behold, the same solution worked.

Seeing as I wasn't the first person to have this issue, and I'm guessing others have used the solution but not commented, this is obviously a fault with the Yoga range.

I'm hoping that Lenovo can address this issue, as I feel a 13 month old laptop should not be having these problems.

Please if you are reading this because you are having the same issues, comment on here.

I loved this laptop, but now I am panicking very time I go to turn it on.

Top Kudoed Authors