Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

05-25-2015

United States

18 Signins

136 Page Views

• Views: 136
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga 3 14" wifi problems

2017-01-22, 19:23 PM

Let me start by saying I've tried everything that everyone has recommended to fix this issue.

I can hardly ever connect to my router, when it does it says no internet connection. It will only connect when I'm right next to the router, and even then the speeds are miniscule, 2-5 Mbps when I get over 200 Mbps with my Galaxy S7 in the same place. The issue occurs on 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. It also occurs on other WiFi networks and while using my phone's mobile hotspot.

• Drivers are up to date.
  • Wifi card is set to not turn off in Device Manager.
  • Network card is set to max performance in Power settings.
  • I have tried a factory reset of Windows 10.
  • I have tried changing the channel on my router's 2.4 GHz band.
  • I have checked the wifi card itself, as well as the antennas by a shop. They said the antennas look fine and are connected.
  • I have uninstalled literally all bloatware that was on the device from factory.

I have tried everything except replacing the WiFi card itself. The wifi card is Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA34AC.

I'm not sure when it started but it has been happening for a while, I don't use my laptop that frequently. It could have happened after upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1.

In the mean time I have been using an ASUS Wifi USB adapter that works flawlessly, gets 100+ Mbps from the other side of my apartment from the router.

Options

9367 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

78101 Signins

2244290 Page Views

• Views: 2244290
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 3 14 wifi problems

2017-01-22, 20:01 PM

Longshot you may have already tried: set the wifi card's channel width to 20MHz, or if it's already set that way try "auto" or the other possibilities.

I've seen the "connected but no internet" problem and worked around it this way.  Unlikely if it was working previously but easy to try.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

6 Posts

05-25-2015

United States

18 Signins

136 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2017-01-22, 20:05 PM

Yep, I tried that too. It was set to Auto, I watched another video saying to set it to 20 and how to change channels.

I set it to 20, and auto while changing the channels.

It has the same issue on 5GHz as well.

Options

6 Posts

05-25-2015

United States

18 Signins

136 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2017-02-12, 18:42 PM

Ugh. Seems like this is just going to be an issue that is never solved. I suppose I'll try replacing the wifi card eventually.

Apparently I can't just swap it out for an Intel one? Something about Lenovo not supporting other wifi cards.

I'm never buying a Lenovo product again, this is rediculous.

Options

6 Posts

05-25-2015

United States

18 Signins

136 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2019-09-12, 0:39 AM

4 year update... Replacing the wifi card did not work, just been using a usb wifi adapter since this laptop is such a piece of junk. I now see that many other people have been having issues with the wifi as well with just BS solutions posted by support that don't work.

Great job, Lenovo.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms