Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

11-17-2016

Israel

7 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 3 14 repeatedly won't turn on

2019-11-02, 18:26 PM

My computer is a 3.5 year old Yoga 3 14. 

For a few months now, it doesn't turn on when pressing the power button. Here's what's happeining:

1. I'm pressing the power button regularly.

2. Fans start, keyboard light turn on and then off (Like they're supposed to).

3. That's it  - the fans keep runninng but the computer won't boot. 

4. I long press the power button for 5 seconds until the computer shuts down (fans stop and I get a power botton light indication). 

5. I repeat this procedure, somtimes just once, sometimes doezns of times until at some point - the boot miraculously succeeds. 

Several threads talk about similar problems:

I have tried every different combination of buttons pressing and durations, nothing worked (including the NOVO button, the volume buttons, long and short presses).

I have tried doing this with power plugged in and power not plugged in. 

I have tried booting with external hard drives attached (to account for booting from USB problem). 

I have tried botting in with external screen attached (because maybe it's only a screen problem). 

I have tried enabling and disabling Win 10 fast startup option. 

Nothing worked. Today I spent a good part of an hour in order to get to this post. 

Any idea for how to deal with it will be welcomed. In the meantime - I've disabled the auto sleep option. 

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

Philippines

115 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 3 14 repeatedly won't turn on

2019-11-27, 17:01 PM

Hi ,

Sorry late reply,

If the issue hasn't been addressed yet and you were able to get the computer to boot,  i would suggest you to download the Lenovo Vantage app so you can run a hardware diagnostic on the device so we can see what part of it might be failing. Since you already did steps on resolving the issue, we may have to take a look on the hardware part of the problem. It's a possibility that it may be the motherboard, Ram, or HDD that's causing the issue.

Let us know how it goes,

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

112 Posts

06-16-2012

United States of America

80 Signins

1297 Page Views

• Views: 1297
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 3 14 repeatedly won't turn on

2019-12-13, 7:32 AM

Same issue here. It has to do with Lenovo power management, but they won't fix that because they rarely update any drivers for models that are older than 2 years. Power supply might be causing this as well, I have 2 40W original adaptors and one always causes problems when coming from sleep, the other one only ocasionally.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms