Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-03-2016

Singapore

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 3 14 touchscreen issues

2016-09-03, 2:40 AM

Hi, I have a yoga 3 14 running on windows 8 and since I bought the pc i been having ghost touches on the touchscreen. I ran the update that lenovo rolled out to fix the issue but during the cmd it ran, it failed.

It also disabled my touchscreen but tapping on the windows logo icon on the bottom of my yoga still works. Only the touchscreen isnt working.

Under hidden devices the hid complaint touchscreen is there but hidden. I cannot enable it. And my tablet pc control panel is also not there like it used to be. Any ideas? Thank you.

Options

143 Posts

02-13-2016

Durban, ZA

373 Signins

1825 Page Views

• Views: 1825
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 3 14 touchscreen issues

2016-09-05, 20:00 PM
Hey there,

I sometimes experienced random touchscreen failures on my Yoga 500; I haven't had ghost touching issues but the whole touchscreen does stop responding sometimes. Seems like it's a driver problem, but I check in device manager under USB devices, my touch screen shows as "Unknown USB device [Device Descriptor Request Failed]". Disabling and enabling this brings my touchscreen back.

As another option - Do you have an entry under "Lenovo Vhid Device" called "Lenovo UMDF HID Minidriver"? If so, try updating its driver, and checking under its properties > Power Management, and UNCHECK the "allow the computer to turn this device off to save power" option.

Hope this can help.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms