Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwyoga3
Paper Tape
Views: 694
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 3 14 won't turn on

I have a Yoga 3 14 that was running Windows 10. I've had it for approximately 6 months and this is the first time I have had this issue.

I was using the laptop in the morning. I went to lunch, leaving it on a table with the screen open. When I came back an hour later, the screen was black, which was not unusual because it would ordinarily sleep being idle so long. But now it won't turn on. When it is plugged in, the battery indicator light on the side glows solid white. When it is on battery, the battery indicator light will flash briefly on when the power button is pushed, but the screen remains black and the keyboard backlight does not turn on. It does not make any noise to indicate that anything else is active.

I have tried numerous combinations of the power button, volume keys, etc. to turn it back on. I cannot pop out the battery and try to reboot it on A/C power because the battery is not removable without special tools.  The battery was at 80% or so before this happened so it will take a LONG time to naturally drain, given the fact that the laptop won't turn on to drain it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

mwyoga3
Paper Tape
Views: 691
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 3 14 won't turn on

Additional information: the laptop is not hot, and was cool to the touch when this started.

Kinraw
What's DOS?
Views: 109
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 3 14 won't turn on

I also have the same issue. please tell me how do I solve it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors