Did you mean: 
aPITA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,489
Message 1 of 12

Yoga 3 14 won't wake up from sleep !!!

Hi all,

Facts :

Last august 30th, I ordered a Lenovo Yoga 3 14 (i5 / 8 / 256) from Amazon.

It's been delivered one week ago (02/09/15).
Two days ago (monday), I installed Kaspersky antivirus, downloaded the files for Windows 10, closed the screen and it went to sleep...

And never woke up again !

I tried any and every keys / switches combo I thought of (power switch w/o volume switchs + and -, Novo switch, function keys, Ctrl/alt/ del, ctrl/shift/esc, escape, spacebar, enter...

Right now, the power led is still on, the PC runs on battery and I'm waiting for it to run out of charge.

I can hear and feel a very tiny ventilation from the back. The USB ports are active since my phone and an external HDD are plugged in them.

The keyboard doesn't respond or enlight itself anymore. Despite all my tryings, I get no sound from the speakers...

So I hope I will be able to reboot it and find a suitable solution (BIOS, driver update ?).

The Yoga is new (one week old) and I'm yet already struggling to bring it back to life !!!!!

Question :

Is there any way to manually shut down the computer (the power switch for 60 sec doesn't work, the battery can't be taken out, no reset pin hole...) ?

LENOVO, please HELP !!!!!

I was so happy of this computer, don't let yous customer down.

PS : As soon as the battery turns off, I'll try to save the PC and let you know how it goes.

Sadly, I'm already considering to turn it back.

aPITA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,474
Message 2 of 12

Re: Yoga 3 14 won't wake up from sleep !!!

Auto-reply.

The PC ran out of battery.
Once it's been plugged in again, it booted nicely.
I'm now downloading Win10 and associate drivers.

Wait and see...

++

aPITA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,435
Message 3 of 12

Auto-reply (again...).

The Windows 10 and associate drivers update went fine.
No trouble observed since then.
Seems OK now.

Still, there was an issue. Unresolved.

Thanks a lot for NOT helping me, Lenovo (not a single answer to my posts).

aPITA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,407
Message 4 of 12

Auto-reply.

And... it's all black screen again !

It's getting seriously annoying since I need it for work.

So, I used it all week. Went to sleep yesterday.

Don't wake up now. Again...

Would you please explain me (us ? as it seems the issue appeared on previously and several Yogas) what's going on here ?
Hardware issue ? Software issue ? Anyone on the case ?

Please, don't give up on your customers.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,403
Message 5 of 12

Good day.

Sorry you're having difficulty.

Maybe you have a hardware fault of some sort.

Since your machine is so new, and presumably under warranty, have you considered contacting Service (info below)?

Regards.

France
Produits gamme IDEA
Français
33 243-166-035 email
(appel non surtaxé)
9:00 - 18:00 Lundi - Vendredi

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

aPITA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,387
Message 6 of 12

Hi,

It's a relief I'm being read and answered.

So I called the Lenovo Service you told me to.

And the answer yet is :

- let the battery run out as I did before ;

- once it's down, plug the charger in and press the "novo" button, so I will turn on the "One Key Recovery" thing.

- follow what's written about "easy recovery" stuff.

By doing so, Windows 8 will be back. Let's remind the first issue appeared under Windows 8. So I see no reason for that fresh restart to be efficient in any way.

More, since I got the laptop, the only softwares I installed are : MS Office 2007, Picasa, Firefox and Windows 10 and the bunch of drivers for Windows 10 I've found on Lenovo website.

And that is pretty much it (7zip, maybe ? I don't remember and can't check because I CAN'T WAKE UP my computer).

The trouble appeared under Windows 8 and 10. Twice in 2 weeks. And randomly.

My real and only worry is I do the OKR thing ; everything goes well for 1 or 2 weeks. I've to be super careful about the files I leave in my computer since I'm not sure it will wake up in the next seconds (so, no save on the SSD).
I've to re-download Windows 10 if I feel confident enough, which I don't right now (and be sure it cost some bandwith).

Well, if I'm lucky, it can work for a while but will it... blend last ?

What if, in 2 weeks, after I've brought back to life Win8 and then Win10, the Lenovo service asks me to go back again to OKR ?
What if, by despair, I send the computer back to Lenovo and the trouble is not observed then (again, it's a random trouble) ?

The fact is I feel disappointed about that brilliant machine the Lenovo Yoga 3 14 was meant to be.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,374
Message 7 of 12

aPITA wrote:

Confidence is the real one and only value you (Lenovo) and we (customers) share.

Please note that none of the moderators are Lenovo employees. We are volunteers in the community, and customers, also.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

aPITA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,366
Message 8 of 12

OK. I apologize. I was not aware of that.

Post edited.

aPITA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,262
Message 9 of 12

And it's down again.

I'm that (imagine a very tiny short distance between two fingers) close from sending it back to Lenovo.

I'm currently waiting for the Yoga 3 14 to run out of battery.

Then, I'll go for a new driver update (heard about PCI-E Realtek driver that maight be in cause).

How come Lenovo (who's obviously aware of this trouble since it appears on many Yogas and not especially mine) doesn't react to our complains ?

To let down customers is a bad and poor business conception.

aPITA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,245
Message 10 of 12

Auto-reply.

I'm fed up with this crap.

Two days ago, the PC freezed while asleep.

So, I did as usual (i.e. I've waited for the battery to run out. BTW, I know for sure this is no good at all for the battery but since I have NO other SOLUTION, let **bleep** be).
And, the battery ran out of juice.

Yesterday, while at work (I'm a teacher and I use my computer every day at work and at home for professional purposes, after the PC ran fine in the morning, it suddenly felt asleep again (6th time in less than a month and a half).

I've had to change my plans all the sudden, in front of my students, having to forget about the documents I had on the computer...

So, I called - again - the Lenovo customer service today.

As it's been more than 30 days I'v bought it from Amazon, I can't ask for a refund. Funny thing is I've been waiting so long because I had to accumulate clues of the trouble (re-initialised the computer to Win 7, re-installed all the drivers and the softwares I use...).

The customer service propose me to send back the laptop. For an expertise, they say.
1 - How long will this take ? 2-3 weeks, 3 months ?? Don't know (15 days, they say. Could you believe that ? I don't).
2 - The trouble is hard to observe. It can happen twice in 36 hours as it may run fine for 5 days or more...

3 - Will the computer be fixed (have fun ! I've followed and tried any and every single lead I've found on the internet including this very (un-) official forum. Nothing worked. Nor the bios flashes, nor the drivers updates, nor the BIOS tweaks, or any crap you can read there and there) or be replaced ? If it's replaced, I'm sorry Lenovo guys if you read me, I've got no confidence at all !!! Will the "new" PC (hopefully, it will not be a re-new) be tested ? Do Lenovo care about these troubles (google "lenovo yoga wake up" and enjoy !).

4 - What do I do while the computer is away ? Shall I wisely wait ? What about the work I need the computer for ?

No other solution, the Lenovo guy said. I know, he's just an employee used as a shield to prevent incompetent and responsible managers from annoyed customers.

What I'd really appreciate is to get a new Lenovo Yoga ASAP. Then I send the troubled one back and Lenovo take care of it as they probably know how to and they do whatever they want with it.

That way, I can go on with my work and I should be a satisfied customer.
That's option n°1.

Option n°2 is I get my money back, I send the computer back and Lenovo and I never make business together again. I seriously consider going back to Asus (bad word, I know but they never let me down in 10 years and  5 laptops, nor my customers when I was an IT reseller).

Option n°3 is I carry on this fight but not alone anymore.

Lenovo, if you read me, please help.

Don't be evil (yeah, trademark !!).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors