US

9 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 3-1470 No Sound

2018-07-23, 22:08 PM

Hi,

My daughter's laptop has had no sound since a Windows 10 update back in April.  After backing out the update, I was able to get sound back by reinstalling the drivers and then the update in question.  I found it on a Windows forum for that update.  Everything was fine until the next major updaet and it started up again.  This time the troubleshooter is giving some messages I have never seen before.  This includes 2 messages that are making me think it is a registry problem.  Which is not out of the realm since it happened with Windows updates.

Included is a photo of what the troubleshooter found.

I have seen another post of no sound with the same model.  Just like hers, there is the red "x" over the speaker in the task bar.  When I right click the speaker icon the menu says "Speaker setup (UNKNOWN)", "Sounds" and "Troubleshoot sound problems".  When you hover the mouse over "Speaker setup (UNKNOWN)" it says "Off".  When you click "Sounds" sound box opens.  The playback and recording tabs both say "No audio devices are installed" and all the buttons (configure, set as default, properties and apply) are all greyed out.  When I go into device manager there is no sound devices at all.  I believe I have included everything.

Thanks in advance,

Dominic

Solved! See the solution
Options

2 Posts

07-23-2018

US

9 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 3-1470 No Sound

2018-07-25, 16:16 PM

Brought it in to a local repair shop.  It's toast!  The sound card which is mounted to the MB is dead!  New MD $400 + Labor.  For now I'll get her a creative Soundblaster USB soundcard.  Cost $24.99 to hold her over until we save for a new laptop.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

01-21-2019

US

3 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 3-1470 No Sound

2019-01-21, 14:18 PM

I also have lost sound on this device 2 or 3 times after a windows update.  Most recently the big 'October Update' for Windows 10.   I do want to say that the automatic driver updates have never worked (it says I have the most up to date driver). Finding the correct driver update from the Lenovo catalog has resolved the issue.   I say this with a word of caution - my most recent windows update has caused muti-system errors now on my computer. But in the past, it was the sound that went first and it was repairable through software.  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save