Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-16-2015

Derby, England

3 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 3 1470 - No audio

2016-12-22, 18:40 PM

Hi, 

I've had my lenovo yoga 3 1470 for just over a year, and so unfortunately I'm out of warranty. 

I am running Windows 10. All of a sudden, I have no audio at all on my laptop; the task bar icon has a red cross next to it, and either says 'no audio device is installed' or 'no speakers or headphones are plugged in'. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, and even a clean install of Windows 10, but nothing has fixed the problem. 

The powerbeep in the BIOS settings still makes a sound, so is this a motherboard issue? How can I get it fixed?

I am not particularly computer-savvy, but would appreciate any help at all, thank you.  

Options

12704 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7394 Signins

753075 Page Views

• Views: 753075
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 3 1470 - No audio

2016-12-22, 20:56 PM

Hi laura_timmy , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Would there be any missing drivers or marks on the device manager?

Any audio output if you place in a headset or connect a USB external speakers? Any response pressing F1 (mute/unmute) F3 to increase audio ?

Did you also removed the factory restore One Key Recovery (page 28) image when you clean installed the harddrive ?

Try placing the BIOS on defaults (via exit tab, then save and exit) and then start it with safe mode with networking and test the audio playback or online. 

Try booting on a different boot image like live rescue media and check on the same audio playback . 

These are the things that you can try before having it brought to your local service center to confirm hardware issue.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

1 Posts

03-07-2017

Poland

1 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 3 1470 - No audio

2017-03-07, 19:02 PM

I suffer the same problem, which appeared shortly before the expiry of the guarantee period. Unfortunately the sound device started working after the update of the chipset driver, what was suggested by lenovo technician but the problem came back a week later after the guarantee expired and I am already living over 6 months with the problem.

In my case the problem seems to have hardware nature and occurs only after moving the device. I figured out that If I hold it in my left hand for left bottom corner the sound disapears and comes back immediatly after I put it on the table.

When I travel with the computer, which I do a lot, and the sound stops working (it happens almost always when computer starts for the first time - I would say 75%-80% times in last half year - approx 100 restarts) I need to bent the case of the laptop (the part with the keybord) and restart the computer. Sometimes I need to repeat the operation twice or three times, which is annoying and I wouln't expect that in device for 1000 EUR. 

Unfortunately I am unable to send the computer for 1 month testing to Lenovo service so I have to stick to it...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms