Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Creakydoor
What's DOS?
Views: 2,634
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 3 1470 Touch does not work at all after Windows 10 Upgrade

I previously had Win 8.1 installed on my Yoga 3 1470 and everything worked fine.  I then upgraded to Windows 10.

After the Windows 10 upgrade, I installed the latest Windows Updates and installed the latest driver updates from the Lenovo web site.

Now, the computer works ok, except for the touch screen--which doesn't work at all.

If I go to Device Manager, under Human Interface Devices, touch screen isn't listed at all.

If I go to Settings, About, under "Pen and Touch", it says "no pen or touch input is available for this display".

What else should I check to get my touch screen back and working?

biznatch
802.11n
Views: 2,581
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 3 1470 Touch does not work at all after Windows 10 Upgrade

[Edit]  This seems to have fixed the problem:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-3-14-inch-Touch-Screen-Issues/m-p/216...

Original post:

Same laptop and same problem (I realize my signature indicates a ThinkPad W520 but I also have the Yoga 3).  The touchscreen worked fine after upgrading to Windows 10 then stopped working a few days ago.  I believe this is the same problem:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/touch-screen-not-working-on-win...

On that page scroll down to see people with a Yoga 3 describing the same problem, here's the relavent message:

Also have a Yoga 13 and am having the exact same problem, my System Info also shows the same message, "No pen or touch input is available for this display".  The touch screen worked fine after the initial Windows 10 upgrade then after an update about a week ago it stopped working.  I uninstalled some recent Windows updates through the control panel but that did not help.  There is one update (KB3081452) that I can't uninstall (the uninstall button disappears when I select that update), based on the date of the installation for that update it's around the time the touchscreen stopped working but I can't uninstall it to test if that's the problem.

In Device Manager (you have to View-->Show hidden devices) under Human Interface Devices, most of the entries ("HID-compliant device", "HID-compliant touch screen", "HID-compliant vendor-defined device", and "USB Input Device") have the error "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)"  Trying to update the drivers says it already has the most up to date drivers.  I uninstalled all the devices that had the above error message, restarted, scanned for changes, but it didn't find anything new to install.

I have contacted Lenovo and they confirmed that it's a Windows 10 problem not a Lenovo/hardware problem.  This is supported by the fact that the touchscreen works in the BIOS but not in Windows 10.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors