Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Globe28
Paper Tape
Views: 159
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 3-1470 Windows 8.1 Not charging anymore

I bought this machine in May 2015.  I began to have problems with it not too long after but since I was abroad I coud not send it out.  I finally sent it out in April 2016 (right before warranty ended).  They fixed some of the issues and sent it back, sadly I had to go back before I could get my laptop in May 2016.  I came back about 4 weeks ago and have been using it again since. Today as I was working on it after I plugged it in (it was at 7% battery), I noticed it only charged to 99%, it didn't show 100% like it typically does.  I didn't think anything of it and just went about my work. When I changed stations and moved upstairs I plugged it back in and noticed it is not charging at all. Tried several outlets, and tested the adapter, all is fine.  The kicker is when I unplug the adapter the laptop shuts off too, even tough I was 70% battery life.  Then it takes 10 or more seconds of holding the power button to fire it back up. I am pretty distraught over this. Would be grateful for any advice on what is going on. This machine is basically new! I have used only a handful of months and now my warranty is over! I can't afford another one or repairs Smiley Sad 

Globe28
Paper Tape
Views: 129
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 3-1470 Windows 8.1 Not charging anymore

I shut it down and kept it plugged in for some time.  It now has the little plug next to my battery but with a green heart in it and says "CONSERVATION MODE NOT CHARGING".  I got excited that it was charging when I saw the litlte plug but not quite.  Battery is draining so fast.  

Globe28
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 3-1470 Windows 8.1 Not charging anymore

Now completely dead Smiley Sad any thoughts or advice?

Top Kudoed Authors