Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Globe28
Paper Tape
Views: 162
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 3-1470 Windows 8.1 Not charging anymore

I bought this machine in May 2015.  I began to have problems with it not too long after but since I was abroad I coud not send it out.  I finally sent it out in April 2016 (right before warranty ended).  They fixed some of the issues and sent it back, sadly I had to go back before I could get my laptop in May 2016.  I came back about 4 weeks ago and have been using it again since. Today as I was working on it after I plugged it in (it was at 7% battery), I noticed it only charged to 99%, it didn't show 100% like it typically does.  I didn't think anything of it and just went about my work. When I changed stations and moved upstairs I plugged it back in and noticed it is not charging at all. Tried several outlets, and tested the adapter, all is fine.  The kicker is when I unplug the adapter the laptop shuts off too, even tough I was 70% battery life.  Then it takes 10 or more seconds of holding the power button to fire it back up. I am pretty distraught over this. Would be grateful for any advice on what is going on. This machine is basically new! I have used only a handful of months and now my warranty is over! I can't afford another one or repairs Smiley Sad 

Globe28
Paper Tape
Views: 132
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 3-1470 Windows 8.1 Not charging anymore

I shut it down and kept it plugged in for some time.  It now has the little plug next to my battery but with a green heart in it and says "CONSERVATION MODE NOT CHARGING".  I got excited that it was charging when I saw the litlte plug but not quite.  Battery is draining so fast.  

Globe28
Paper Tape
Views: 99
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 3-1470 Windows 8.1 Not charging anymore

Now completely dead Smiley Sad any thoughts or advice?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors