Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrichab
Paper Tape
Views: 1,469
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 3 - Disable caps lock indicator for Windows 10

Hi, I keep getting this large, slightly transparent rectangle icon showing up horizontally centered on my screen when I press the caps lock button my on keyboard to notify me that the caps lock state has been changed. I can only find out how to disable this using windows 8 and 8.1 but this does not seem to work for Windows 10.

Can anyone help me disable this? Thank you!

mrichab
Paper Tape
Views: 1,463
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 3 - Disable caps lock indicator for Windows 10

I don't have this option like in Windows 8.1: https://dakocode.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/removing-caps-lock-indicator-on-screen-in-lenovo-notebook/

I dont have the "On Screen Display" tab.

mrichab
Paper Tape
Views: 1,456
Message 3 of 4

Fixed the problem. I had to uninstall the Lenovo Utility tool using the control panel. This feature is really annoying when you're trying to program and the massive notification is in the way of your code as you need to click the caps lock button a lot of times.

mrichab
Paper Tape
Views: 1,444
Message 4 of 4

Actually that didn't solve much as my top F keys no longer work correctly and cannot find a way to get the utility program back again Smiley Sad

EDIT: Never mind! That was a separate issue I easily fixed which was to do with the Lenovo Settings app. All is fine now!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors