04-22-2017 04:51 AM
- Laptop freezes when moved, either windows 8, windows 10 or Ubuntu. Drivers updated, rolled back and 1000's drivers tried. (This points out a hardware issue)
- Laptop does not freeze when moved if the wifi is DISABLED in Device manager
- Laptop does not freeze when moved if the wifi is DISABLED in BIOS.
Any other idea? The Laptop is still in warranty, however I can't find a customer service or repair service in Malta.
04-24-2017 12:52 AM
Hi there, Reguera -
Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.
You can start by flushing out all static, remove AC adaptor and hold down power button for about 15 seconds.
Can you run a few tests from this link -
You should try Storage test, memory test, motherboard test, CPU test.
Update us how it goes.
Tap that kudos button if I helped
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
04-24-2017 03:14 AM
Thank you for your answer.
I have flushed out all static by holding down the power button for more than 15 seconds, without AC adaptor, from switched on status that the computer switched off, and also from switched off that the computer switched on and then off.
After each attempt checked the issue with same results, my yoga 3 freezes when the screen is moved. It does not happen if the wifi card is disabled either from BIOS or from Device manager (meaning that it's switched off).
The computer freezes also from linux, this rules out a possible windows drivers issue.
All tests tried. All passed. Storage test, memory test, Motherboard test, CPU test and also WiFi and Sensors.
04-24-2017 05:51 AM
fixed one Yoga 3 Pro today with the following method (I am using a normal tape)
not sure if it is the same as your Yoga 3
04-24-2017 07:08 AM
Thank you ahbao for your answer.
Pretty much the same issue. I already saw the post that you mentioned but given that the laptop is still in warranty I want Lenovo to do it.
Also it's a design mistake... Come on lenovo... Accept the responsibility and start fixing proactively, because obviously they will fail them all sooner or later.
12-22-2018 04:59 AM
I have a similar issue and was wondering if it could be the same thing. There are some differences though:
1. I have now disabled tablet mode (so it never asks me if I want to revert to tablet mode now). But when it WAS enabled, every time I booted up, if I touched the keyboard, trackpad or screen, the "would you like to revert to tablet mode" would come up, and whether I said yes, or no, my track pad and keyboard would be disabled.
2. Still now, every 3rd or 4th time I boot, neither the track pad or keyboard functions. I can use the touch screen. NOT TOUCHING THE laptop for 30 full seconds after startup seems to mitigate the problem, but not elminate it. In other words, the problem happens every 3rd time I start the laptop and touch it during startup, but only every 7th or 8th time if I leave it alone and let 100% of everything load.
01-06-2019 02:47 PM
See solution here [https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-3-Freezes-when-moved/m-p/3431585#M441...] scrolling down to post by 'huskyman'.
YMMV, but this worked for me.