Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GMFUK
Paper Tape
Views: 3,793
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 3 Pro 1370-Dies

Bought a Yoga 3 Pro whilst in San Fransisco in Oct-14. Have had all sorts of problems :-

Battery not charging

Adapter USB cable ceases to function

USB Ports disable for no apparant reason.

Regular loss of User Profiles in Window 10

And finally -  in 1st week of Feb 16 the computer just stops working. So now no power light - no anything. Has anyone else had simsilar issues. And of course like all products that are poorly made they last until just after the warranty ends - or am I just being cynical?!

GMF14

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,769
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 3 Pro 1370-Dies

Sorry to hear about your issues!

I haven't encountered the USB disabling issue, however, hopefully I can assist with the power issues.

An indicator as to whether the charger is functioning or not is to look for the power button to be illuminated when powered off. The cable provides two busses: one that powers the laptop (20 volts), and the standard USB power (5 volts).

For lack of a better description, does your wall power adapter have some "play" on it when plugged in? Does the laptop charge until you slightly move the power adapter?

The User Profile issue sounds like an issue with the Windows 10 upgrade. I used to have these issues when upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8. The best bet would be to run a refresh. Unfortunately, it will erase your apps, but should retain your user data:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4090-refresh-windows-10-a.html

After this, try and install newer USB drivers designed for Windows 10:

http://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-pro-1370-laptop-len...

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
GMFUK
Paper Tape
Views: 3,757
Message 3 of 7

Im afraid the computer is dead - Have tried 2 other adapters and the other lead I have for it

GMFUK
Paper Tape
Views: 3,706
Message 4 of 7

Took the back off and poked around the USB power port  - looked like nothing was out of place. Put the back on and gave it a good slam. Plugged it in and for some reason the power light came back on  - since then there has been no recurrance to its "dead state"

All the problems I have had highlights that the pre launch testing of this product was not robust and probably Lenovo wanted this version out in the market before Christmas 2014 so forced the launch. My experience tells me not to trust Lenovo products again - I have just bought a Fujitsu T936 to replace this computer

GMF

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,687
Message 5 of 7

Well, I'm glad the issue is resolved. It sounds like perhaps there was a static charge on the board that was holding out the power board. I had this happen with other laptops before, where the only solution was to remove the battery. Obviously, with the Y3P, this is not as easy as another unit.

From what I've seen, your unit is an isolated situation. Hopefully there are no more issues going forward.

Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
GMFUK
Paper Tape
Views: 3,666
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for the reply. From the various blogs i suspect that this particular model has more than one issue related to power and the USB port configuration. It is also worth noting that I have had to buy 2 new power cables as the others failed as well as a new adapter.

The pity is that the screen and the overall functionality as a tablet / lptop is very good, but in a hard worked environment it isnt up to the job. The surface range and Fujitsu range of tablet / laptops are far more robust and better value for money.

Thanks

GMF

samircity
What's DOS?
Views: 2,590
Message 7 of 7

Unbliveable, I fixed mine with same way (good slam in back) Smiley Sad 

I am totaly agree "My experience tells me not to trust Lenovo products again

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors