Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcalabrese01
Paper Tape
Views: 4,170
Message 1 of 21

Yoga 3 Pro 1370 Motherboard fried

I purchased my Yoga 3 1370 from Best Buy in January of 2014. Glitch-y from the start, slow OS (and then I upgraded to Windows 10, even better...), calls back and forth with Lenovo Support and brought to Best Buy numerous times. Then this past September the Yoga stopped turning on completely. Brought into Best Buy again, tested the power cord, USB plug, etc. and determined the motherboard was fried. Called Lenovo as was told because the warranty of ONE YEAR was up, there was nothing they could do and I would have to purchase a new motherboard. End of story.

Extremely frustrated. After spending over $1,100 for a supposedly top of the line product and multiple hours getting it fixed over 2 years, I have what is essentially a doorstop. I will never recommend Lenovo to anyone, both for product quality and customer care. 

KSchBuffalo
What's DOS?
Views: 4,058
Message 2 of 21

Re: Yoga 3 Pro 1370 Motherboard fried

Exact same thing happened to me. Purchased 'top of the line' Yoga 3 in November 2014; and at the 2 year mark it died. Problems with the software from the start, then motherboard fried last week. No recourse through Lenovo--I just got off the phone with them. They said there are 'no known issues' with the Yoga Pro 3.  Perhaps if more people are having this issue, they will respond. 

mennovanburken
What's DOS?
Views: 3,883
Message 3 of 21

Yes,

Here is another one; I also have a fried motherboard, and mine is from dec. 2015. so just over 1 year!.

Really frustrating and really upset by the quality.

colladachrioch
What's DOS?
Views: 3,825
Message 4 of 21

And another one - purchased in Dec 2015. Motherboard fried Jan 2017. Cost €85 to ship and €70 to replace motherboard as out of warranty. PC World gave me 90 days warranty on new motherboard. Fried again this morning - 79 days into warranty. Exact same symptoms as last time - no screen, no USB working, no WiFi - will boot sometimes with external screen. This has to be a known problem at this stage. I contacted a private Tech firm that repair PC's and they say that they have seen this issue many times with the Yoga 3. 

tpco
What's DOS?
Views: 3,797
Message 5 of 21

Same issue as I am seeing here. We bought the laptop at Best Buy for our daughter for college - she used it for a year and then it stopped working after warranty died when her next semester started. Took it in for repair to a lenovo service center and they said NO ONE makes the motherboard any more. Have you all heard the same?? I can't believe an $800+ laptop doesn't have repair parts. 

30YearInIT
What's DOS?
Views: 3,387
Message 6 of 21

What the hell has happened to this company. I've been recommending them for years but not anymore.
18 month use for a £1+ laptop and not support in the UK at all.

I've moved over to Dell & HP, typing this on a 4 year old HP

schnue
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,288
Message 7 of 21

Not sure whether or not my motherboard is fried - just know that my power port is not working - when I can find the 'sweet spot' to get adapter to connect and charge it a little, I get message that there is a USB power surge.  Took it to Best Buy, they offered to send it to Lenovo for $35, so I thought I'd just do it myself.  Had to call 3 different places to finally find one Lenovo service center that will actually even look at it - for $125.  Then will probably need a new motherboard.

It sounds like it makes more sense for me to buy a new computer, rather than spend any more time or money messing around with this one?  Bought it in 2015 - SD card reader never did work, but they could not repair that at Best Buy, either.  I like the idea and the promise of this Yoga 3, but it never really did deliver like I had hoped.  Disappointed.

Any suggestions on a 15-16" touchscreen laptop I can find for $300-500 to replace this one?  (rather than spend that money on repairing something that still might not work?!?)

lgordon1028
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,198
Message 8 of 21

Same problem with my Yoga 3! I bought it at Best Buy in July of 2015 and have already had to send it back to Lenovo to fix several issues after about a year which they did after the warranty expired.  While I am grateful for that, now I am being told I need a new motherboard.  The thing is just barely two years old and very "normal" use.  I took it to Geek Squad, who charged me $35 to send it off to Kentucky somewhere to diagnose.  Now I am being told I need a new motherboard and it will cost $300 to fix!  I don't understand how that can happen to a two year old $1000 laptop.

I should have bought a MAC! next time, i will!!

naama
What's DOS?
Views: 3,170
Message 9 of 21

Same here.
Purchased in December 2015.
Motherboard was first burned when it was still under warranty in June 2016 - so I got a new motherboard.
Last week, September 2017, it happened again!

mcalabrese01
Paper Tape
Views: 3,164
Message 10 of 21

Can someone from #lenovo tell me why, if others have reported the EXACT same issue, we aren't being offered a solution? You are losing customers. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors