Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRHill02
Blue Screen Again
Views: 84
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 3 Pro 1370 single key malfunction

Hi folks,

I've had my Yoga for several years and it's probably the best laptop I've owned out of many. I live in a dusty environment and several previous laptops expired prematurely due to the accumulation of dust inside the case. I of course don't have that problem anymore with the Yoga. But even though I clean the keyboard regularly I expected a problem some day. That day occured two weeks ago when the Left Shift key started acting up. The action is fine but unless I press the left shift key sharply it will not be recognized.

Am I correct that the keyboard is a sealed unit and not servicable? No liquids were spilled so it has to be the debris. I am hesitant to use a powerful vacuum cleaner due to a static discharge and using compressed air could just drive the contamination deeper....

Any other ideas?

TIA,

JRH

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 83
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 3 Pro 1370 single key malfunction

The keyboard can be replaced, but not serviced.  I believe Lenovo only sells the entire top as a unit, but you can find just the keyboard itself on eBay.  It needs a lot of disassembly to get to it and the keyboard is held in by lots of screws, but I have done it and it is certainly possible.  Here is an example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-New-Keyboard-For-IBM-Lenovo-Ideapad-Yoga-3-Pro-13-3-Yoga-3-Pro-1370-Back...

I am not familiar with this particular seller and this is not a specific recommendation.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
JRHill02
Blue Screen Again
Views: 33
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 3 Pro 1370 single key malfunction

TY. I now have a few other keys malfunctioning so this is becoming more of a priority.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors