Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hdubec
Punch Card
Views: 98
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 3 Pro-1370 warning message

Lately (over the past several weeks), whenever the unit wakes up I get a warning message about a program trying to install a drver or service - "C:/ProgramFiles/Lenovo/ImController/PlugInHost/Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PlugInHost.Companion" and "\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Service\BITS".

Can anyone tell me what this is?  Should I be concerned?  Why every time it wakes up?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 93
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 3 Pro-1370 warning message

Are you running Win 10? At first glance, it appears to be related to Lenovo Companion which, as I understand it, has been retired. You might try uninstalling Lenovo Companion, then go to the Windows Store, download and install Lenovo Vantage. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
hdubec
Punch Card
Views: 78
Message 3 of 6

I'll give that a try and let you know.  Does the same hold true for the unit to keep trying to install One Key Recovery and failingbecause itcannotfind a definition file?

hdubec
Punch Card
Views: 66
Message 4 of 6

Yes, I upgraded to Windows 10 right after I bought the unit.

Uninstalling Lenovo Phone Companion did not stop the message.  It popped right up upon rebooting.

How much other Lenovo software is negated by Win 10?  If it's not useful or useable any more, I'd just as soon delete it all.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 63
Message 5 of 6

I didn't say to remove Lenovo Phone Companion. Lenovo Companion is the settings and driver upgrade app that's been replaced by Lenovo Vantage. Though I don't know what Lenovo software shipped with any earlier version of Windows. I've only had Win 10 Lenovo machines. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
hdubec
Punch Card
Views: 60
Message 6 of 6

I already had Vantage installed sutomatically.  I removed Phone companion because I had no other software that included Companion in the name. 

Under my C:/Windows8_OS(CSmiley Happy/Program Files/Lenovo I have the following folders - Blutooth Software, Communications Utility, FastBoot, ImController, Lenovo Solution Center, OneKeyApp, OneKey Optimizer, QuickOptimizer and Settings Dependency.  Since the warning message was referencing ImController, I'mwondering if I should remove it?  When researching ImController, I find most information is that it is not necessary under Win 10 and can be removed.  Also recommened for removal is Lenovo System Interface Foundation.  Any thoughts on removing it?

It seems upgrading to Win 10 eliminates the need for much of the older Lenovo software.  I wish I could find some conprehensive info.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors