Did you mean: 
troopa85
Punch Card
Views: 4,329
Message 40 of 268

Re: Yoga 3 Pro Battery Charging Problems

@cgarcias wrote:

Hi

I tried all the solutions ... Nothing works. My computer charge maximum 13%.

Did you try Marims solution? and did you follow the steps in the exact same order? If you don't do it in the same order, it wont work. I

RndYoga3
Paper Tape
Views: 4,210
Message 41 of 268

I am also having this problem, and still experiencing it despite correcting it a few times... keeps returning. Very dissappointed. My machine is less than a month old.

My experience:

- Tried all options of uninstalling the battery drivers (no success), next option of selecting the Battery Sleep Mode in OKO, that did not work.

- I then went the approach of first uninstalling the battery drivers and opening the back of the Yoga 3 Pro and just disconnecting , then reconnecting the battery cable. THAT WORKED! However....

2 weeks later the problem has started again, i think it started to surface again after i switched to Conservation Mode in OKO.

On one occasion this week it worked for me to select Battery Sleep Mode with the AC unplugged and that got the battery back to charging, but now i cannot repeat that same.

Seems like i am forced to open the back again and disconnect the battery and reconnect it.

Very troublesome.... It sure seems like a software problem.

PLEASE PLEASE give further solutions Lenovo, 

RndYoga3
Paper Tape
Views: 4,159
Message 42 of 268

Please Lenovo help me on this one. The Yoga Pro 3 is your high end machine, this should not be happening. Fundamentally i am wondering if i should do a clean system install of Windows 8... it seems like a software problem where the system tells the battery not to charge, but i need Lenovo to weigh in
Guru
Views: 4,151
Message 43 of 268

@RndYoga3

You should call Lenovo support for repair or replacement. This is just a community forum.

The only thing I can suggest is perform a system reset using the NOVO key. When the windows resets completely, disable harmony and OKO and never use the Battery guage reset or optimizer.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
RndYoga3
Paper Tape
Views: 4,149
Message 44 of 268

Thanks Rocky, i will try the above, however isn't the Harmony Application necessary for disabling the keyboard when in tablet mode? I have a feeling that it is OKO that is causing the problem but not certain of that.

Guru
Views: 4,146
Message 45 of 268

No, Harmony is just an annoying app that wants to save your preferences for motion control or Paper display etc. It will also suggest you your most used apps in a certain mode.

example - If you start viewing photos, it can enable motion control.

OKO does more harm  than good and I have tested that. Instead of making my computer faster, it made it slower after I applied the suggestions it was providing. I have enough knowledge about PC's, not to trust to trust such apps but for once I trusted this app. Immmediately I rolled back all changes, disabled this app and havent had any problem since.

Disabling both these apps in Task Manager Startup wont do any harm.

If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Highlighted
Guru
Views: 4,151
Message 46 of 268

Another thing about Yoga 3 Pro battery which I have noticed -

At about 50% brightness (Normal mode),

Watching online movies battery last 3 - 3.5 hours.

Watching offline movies battery lasts 5-6 hours (maybe even more)

Browsing, playing songs, videos - battery lasts 4 - 4.5 hours

Havent tested playing a game, but this isnt meant for that anyways.

RndYoga3
Paper Tape
Views: 4,150
Message 47 of 268

Thanks so much Rocky, Also just a few other questions on the options available:

1. For doing a clean install i read that some people got best resutls by just doing a standard Win 8 Pro install and then adding Lenovo drivers, as compared to doing the Novo recovery? I think the idea was to have an install without all of the pesky problems like OKO brings. What do you suggest, i am not overly technical but looking to get the best result.

2. Based this problem being sporadic so far, do you agree that try the fix that you have suggested and getting rid of Harmony and OKO and running the system for a good month or so with plenty of discharge and recharge going on to see if the problem repeats, OR have i got a lemmon that i should return?

Once again i really appreciate your advice. 
Thanks again

jinsonwong
Paper Tape
Views: 4,181
Message 48 of 268

Re: Yoga 3 Pro, Not charging...

I've the same problem. I've my Yoga 3 pro for only 4 months and out of sudden the battery is not charging. it stay at 0% and I've to plug the power cable to use the notebook. Any solution? 

maorzv
Paper Tape
Views: 4,170
Message 49 of 268

Re: Yoga 3 Pro, Not charging...

I sent my lenovo yoga pro 3 back to lenovo, and they replaced battery.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors