Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zb420
Token Ring
Views: 7,085
Message 61 of 266

Re: Yoga 3 Pro Battery Charging Problems

Amy,

Hi again.. I switched wall sockets and it jarred something and now it's at 90%.  So it seems it was charging all the time but not being reflected in the meter.  I think the wall socket is in need of inspection.

The computer thought it was still at 0%.....is this the type of problem this BIOS update is aimed at fixing?

Thanks Amy!

Steve

#LenovoIN
zb420
Token Ring
Views: 7,083
Message 62 of 266

Amy,

Turned the unit off and back on and it was back at 0%....Mission Control we have a PROBLEM.

#LenovoIN
Highlighted
drcindy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,039
Message 63 of 266

Marin's solution did not solve mine. When I first encountered the problem (battery was draining when plugged in AND would not charge past 16%. Both would happen randomly). I called Lenovo support. For over an hour they accessed my computer remotely to try to fix. First they told me the Energy Management Software was not installed on my device like it should be but thought they could still fix it. After watching her roam around my laptop for 30 minutes I asked her if she had any idea what was wrong. She did not. She said she could see I had tried to calibrate the battery but was unsuccessful. In fact what happened was that I had tried to calibrate but did not realize it takes 5 hours (and there's not progress bar to show it's working). I was told to ship my laptop to the sevice center in Austin. Worse experience ever with a tech support rep.

Once I got off the phone I tried recalibrating again and after 6 hours it successfully completed. This SOLVED my problem and the battery appeared to go back to normal operation and charging. That was 5 days ago. Now the battery won't charge past 45%. I've tried all the solutions except the brave guy in Trinidad who took the back of the laptop off. 

Has anyone been able to solve the problem another way? 

drcindy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,037
Message 64 of 266

-I'm posting again. Looks like my original attempt posted incorrectly -

MarinM's solution did not solve mine. When I first encountered the problem (battery was draining when plugged in AND would not charge past 16%. Both would happen randomly). I called Lenovo support. For over an hour they accessed my computer remotely to try to fix. First they told me the Energy Management Software was not installed on my device like it should be but thought they could still fix it. After watching her roam around my laptop for 30 minutes I asked her if she had any idea what was wrong. She did not. She said she could see I had tried to calibrate the battery but was unsuccessful. In fact what happened was that I had tried to calibrate but did not realize it takes 5 hours (and there's not progress bar to show it's working). I was told to ship my laptop to the sevice center in Austin. Worse experience ever with a tech support rep.

Once I got off the phone I tried recalibrating again and after 6 hours it successfully completed. This SOLVED my problem and the battery appeared to go back to normal operation and charging. That was 5 days ago. Now the battery won't charge past 45%. I've tried all the solutions except the brave guy in Trinidad who took the back of the laptop off.

Has anyone been able to solve the problem another way?

drcindy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,029
Message 65 of 266

Amy,

See my reply to your post. What is Lenovo doing to solve this problem? Making reference to community posts to solve a Lenovo device/software issue is not only practical it's not efficient. Your phone tech team has no idea the problem exists and I haven't seen any Lenovo replies to indicate you guys are working on the problem. The prevailing fix suggested by your phone team is to ship the device so they can restore it. That's not a fix it's more of a guess. My unit is less than 6 months old. 

Please advise.

Dr. Cindy

ibnSalleh
What's DOS?
Views: 7,029
Message 66 of 266

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370

hai, is there anybody knows how to fix issues regarding Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 battery?

Its show charging but the battery not really charging..hope can solve this issue ASAP

nidemam
Paper Tape
Views: 6,978
Message 67 of 266

I have the same problem.  My battery is stuck at 7% despite saying that it is charging.  The OneKey calibration tool just keeps on chugging endlessly (> 1 day).  MarinM's solution did not help.  I need help!!!  Lenovo is providing NO SUPPORT.

nidemam
Paper Tape
Views: 6,977
Message 68 of 266

To answer your questions

• When does it charge, when does it not? - It says it is charging, but the %charged does not increase
  • Are there any patterns to this? - Constant
  • Does swapping electrical outlets make a difference? - No
  • Does the USB 2.0 charging port appear loose? - Maybe?
  • Does the cable show any signs of damage? - No
  • Does the AC adapter show any signs of damage? - No
  • When a second device is plugged into the extra USB port on the AC Adapter, does this impact Y3P charging? - Does not change anything
  • Are there any battery error messages? - No
drcindy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,972
Message 69 of 266

Hi there,

Lenovo is non responsive on this battery issue. I replied to Amy at Lenovo because it appeared she was monitoring the forum discussion and  might try to solve but she's now MIA. 

Here are my latest attempts to fix or contact with Lenovo support

Lenovo Support: I have a fix ticket in the que with Lenovo, meaning after my unsuccessful session with the phone tech group they are expecting my Y3P at the Austin service center. However I know someone who had the same problem, sent their device to the center and it was returned, reset but still with the battery problem. That seems to say they thought they fixed it, but they did not so I'm reluctant to send mine if they're simply going to do a hard reset. I replied to a reminder (to an email they indicated was reply-able) to send the unit in copying and pasting content from this forum to let them know this is a known issue in the community. I've heard nothing back. That was a week ago.

Regarding calibration: I was successful calibrating the battery, but it takes 5-6 hours so you have to be patient. That fixed the problem but for no more than 1 week. When the problem returned it stoped charging, however the One Key software said it was. As I write I'm plugged in at 0%. Says it's charging but it's not.  One Key says I'm at 9% and the health of my battery is good. I tried calibrating again since that seemed to work the first time, but this time calibration took 5 seconds. I'm not sure what to make of that. Was it quick becuase I just did it a week ago or is it not working now.

The other day after I shut it down for the night, I restarted the next morning and it was charged to 100% so I unglugged it and it died in about 2 minutes so again, information from the software doesn't reflect what's happening with the battery. This is where for me it gets confusing. It's not clear if the battery is the issue (hardware) or it's the software that's the problem.  The other issue I was having was that when it was plugged in the battery was being draining. Since I'm at 0% now it's hard to tell if that's still the case. 

I'm going to try phone support again, but am not hopeful. There appears to be zero communication between phone tech, the forum monitors or the service center. It's a cluster. What I'm not going to do is send in a unit to a company who appears to have no idea what's going on with their own computers. They have no solution. Until they do sending them my unit so they can guess is not happening.

Sorry I can't be more help but we need to persist until someone at Lenovo gets responsive. If anyone has any information more updated than mine please advise.

I'll report back on the next phone session.

Dr. Cindy

Airboatusa
What's DOS?
Views: 6,949
Message 70 of 266

Sad to say "Expensive Chinese Junk" with poor support - they want to charge you when you call for help... should have been three hundred dollars and not one thousand three hundred... Third Lenovo with some type of issue...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors