Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 20,607
Message 101 of 269

Re: Yoga 3 Pro Battery Charging Problems

Moderator comment: A post that did not conform with the Community Rules has been removed. No campaigning.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

NoSpam_1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 20,600
Message 102 of 269

I will redact my consideration due to the moderator claiming there were racial tones in my claim that Lenovo as a Chinese company is acting as most of us in this forum have experienced, in providing very pooor customer service! I would ask the moderator however, why there is not even a direct contact for Customer service for the Yoga3 - or why if it is possible, it is like a maze to track anyone down to help with such a basic complaint that obviously many clients have.
Please consider too, whether I would have been pushed to this commentary if acceptable customer service had been provided. We have been relying in this forum on unpaid non-Lenovo people just helping-out.

Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 20,601
Message 103 of 269

A new BIOS update was released on May 15th that addresses customer reports of inconsistent charging on Yoga 3 Pro laptops. It can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-pro-1370-laptop-len...

In addition, a new adapter is under development. When I have more information, I will provide an update that will include when it will become available. If you believe your current adapter is not working as designed, please contact Lenovo Service for support.

If you are experiencing any other symptoms such as error messages, or you are unable to upgrade your BIOS (which requires a charge of 30% to prevent bricking your laptop in the event of a power outage), you may have a bad battery or some other issue which requires repair. Please contact Lenovo Service for support. 

Here is a link to Lenovo Service: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/contactus

Thank you,

drcindy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 20,590
Message 104 of 269

The problem Amy, is that the new "fix" isn't fixing anything for a large number of customers. In fact, it's creating new problems. 

To close the topic as if Lenovo is simply done with this issue is a failure to support their product. BIOS is not the problem. Or at least the only problem. You say a new adapter is "under development." What does Lenovo expect its' customers to do in the meantime? The only real solution to this problem is a refund to those who want it. Take the units back, refund the money and let us all move on to a more reliable laptop.

No one at Lenovo is truly listening to these customers. And, as NoSpam_1 points out, the lack of support and incompetence in customer service is what's driving the frustration.

drcindy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 20,586
Message 105 of 269

It's ironic that "rules" are being so diligently applied to frustrated customer NoSpam_1. If only the rules of good business could be equally applied to Lenovo we might all have working laptops. 

Still, we can take his suggestion and move the conversation to social media. Thank you NoSpam_1.

drcindy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 20,578
Message 106 of 269

Hi Pete,

The only thing you can try is the BIOS fix they released on May 15th. It
worked for a couple of people for not for the majority. If you review the
posts you'll find that we are all at the end of our rope with the lack of
support, solutions and communication by Lenovo.

DrCindy

cholschuh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 20,554
Message 107 of 269

I let it sit on the charger for a day, and it charged! I did the bios update and thought I was good to go.... nope.. I let it die and it's not charging again.  Kinda really anger, if everyone is having the same issue what the point in sending it in? Will it even get fixed @

drcindy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 20,545
Message 108 of 269

I opened a case but ended up not sending the unit in after discussions with
tech that led me to believe that they would not be able to figure out the
issue and would likely just do a hard reset. In fact that was the
experience of a friend who had the same problems and after getting the unit
back still has the same battery problems he sent it in with. So to answer
your question I think no, there's no point, at least not yet to send it in.
Until they know what the issue(s) are they're just guessing.

Serjoza
Paper Tape
Views: 20,396
Message 109 of 269

I had my Y3P for over a period of 5 months and got so angry I smashed it. Been using laptops exclusively for over 7 years now, with some of them being Lenovo models that had amazing performance. But really believe me when I say this - don't buy this machine. It is the worst tech buy of my life. If you have it, return it and demand the money back. All this machine will ever do is drive you crazy. Constant battery problems, incompatibility, painfully slow processor, design flaws, miserable autonomy, beautiful display that cannot  videos... If somebody gave it to me now, I would throw it away, that's how bad this product is... And it seems that Lenovo is also aware of this and will simply do nothing about it.  

NoSpam_1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 20,372
Message 110 of 269

You are not alone! I think there is only 1 person in this forum who received satisfaction from the BIOS update and Lenovo does not even have customer service in this forum on their own website!!!!!!!!!

Moderator note: Comment removed which did not comply with the Forum Rules

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors