Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brennanlee44
Paper Tape
Views: 2,189
Message 241 of 269

Re: Yoga 3 Pro Battery Charging Problems

Hi there, mine has done the same  thing! It randomly just wouldn't work, like it was dead.. so I tried to charge it. NOTHING, I was sooo upset! Then out of the blue I saw it sitting there and plugged it in again to charge, low and behold..it started to charge and actually worked., but just for a few days until someone unplugged it! Ugggh! Then NOTHING again! A few months later I randomly tried to charge it, I even ran my hand over it smoothly and talked to it 🙄 I mean c'mon, I was getting desperate, this thing was expensive! It started charging, I kid you not! Then of course, one of my precious kids unplugged it for one of their things and BAM.. it was dead and hasn't come back to life since! This all began as soon as my warranty was up! C'mon Lenovo,  open your eyes for us? This is utterly ridiculous! 

Now watch, it'll start working when I plug it in today! I'm so upset, I feel like I'm breathing fire, PLEASE HELP!

Thank you,

Heather H

Moderator note: Comment removed which did not comply with the Forum Rules

hkans
Paper Tape
Views: 2,808
Message 242 of 269

So I was an earlier poster and figured out a fix for my issue. It was the charger that was bad, not the laptop/battery. The charger was intermittent but a new charger from Amazon.com for $20 fixed it. I did not buy a Lenovo brand charger but instead bought a knock off, and it's been working great for close to a year (it may be better quality than Lenovo's chargers...). If you've been banging your head against a wall this may be worth a try as it sounds like a bunch of people have had the same issue, and it doesn't cost much to test.

dougbo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,705
Message 243 of 269

That had worked for me as well...once.  I did that about a  month ago and now it's back to not charging.  Not dropping but not charging either.   It's always at 'capacity loss' and needs calibration...although that will not fix anything.  You are constantly encouraged to perform some type of maintenance on the battery and then it still does not work properly.  Sheeesh.   I have now nautically nicknamed this thing the 'Chinese Junk'.

Maybe I'll try the drivers again...

Anti_Globalist
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,663
Message 244 of 269

Read my post above:

"Since this was I brand new (2 weeks) laptop, I have sent it on friday to the official Lenovo guarantee service provider in Bulgaria (Viewpoint Ltd.) and on wednessday I got it back fixed!
According to the documents they have changed my AC adapter + the AC cable"

Simply get a new charger.
johnje
Paper Tape
Views: 2,546
Message 245 of 269

FYI - my Yoga3Pro is about to get its 3rd battery replacement, covered under my extended warranty. At this rate I expect to go through one more battery (maybe two?) before the warranty expires in 2018. In addition to the battery, the motherboard has been replaced, I think twice - Lenovo assumed it was a hardware charging problem. I've also had the charger replaced under warranty.

Who will babysit the babysitters?
cow_n_berg
What's DOS?
Views: 2,089
Message 246 of 269

This morning I had an update for Windows 10. Since then, the battery won't charge any more. Coincidence? Perhaps, but yesterday everything worked properly. Yes, I have all the latest drivers and BIOS. Most of them are very old anyway. Hoping for a solution, as this laptop can now only work while on the power chord.
dougbo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,080
Message 247 of 269

I had the update as well and nothing changed but it wasn't proper before (or really ever).  Now the meter will informed me I'm plugged in when I'm not thus I cannot see what percentage of battery I have left.  That will cycle off and on.  Sometimes it reflect properly but not usually.   

I can always get it charged now but it's guesswork.  A least it hasn't complete quit that as it did just a few months ago.  I had tried several of the 'fixes' contained in this email thread and nothing seemed to work.  Now at least, besides the above, it works/charges.  

mariorefaat
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,006
Message 248 of 269

Re: Yoga 3 Pro, Not charging...

I have the same problem, it stuck at 35% 
When the plug is in, it stays as it is and when it is out it discharged normally!!! 

I tried Restoring settings in power options, reseting PC, and checking BIOS settings with no new. 

I hope if you can help

cow_n_berg
What's DOS?
Views: 1,995
Message 249 of 269

Re: Yoga 3 Pro, Not charging...

In the end I switched my power settings to conservation mode, and let it stay all night on the power plug. Now it is behaving normally again. Weird stuff. It must be some error in the power settings, as the system is able to switch off charging while plugged in.
mea2
What's DOS?
Views: 1,982
Message 250 of 269

Thank you Marin. Your suggestion solved my problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors