Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoSpam_1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,857
Message 71 of 267

Re: Yoga 3 Pro, Not charging...

GRRRRRR!!!

I have a similar power discharge problem with my new Yoga 3 Pro (only a few months old & cost me AUD$2,500!!!)

1. It discharges 100% of its power when I plug-in to the power. However, this doesn't always happen. It seems to happen when I leave the machine and it hibernates (at least, I presume that is what it does). and has been occurring for the past week.

e.g. Before I left approx 3 hrs ago it was 80% charged.

When I returned I needed to take it to a meeting. However, when I plugged-in the power and turned it on (by logging-on) to check power levels it had lost all of its power. 

(I have it running on "Conservation mode" power - which is annoying because the screen is not as bright as I would like).

2. Also, when the power cord is extracted and the power level is checked, it displays whatever the level is, e.g. 52% and says, "Discharging... Power 55%")

Please help me quickly as it is currently not a trustworthy portable laptop.

Airboatusa
What's DOS?
Views: 4,847
Message 72 of 267

Mine stuck on 4%. If I unplug it quits. Terrible quality for the price and no support. From now on I'm only buying cheap hardware. . Comes from the same place and may even have better support. WHERE IS The IBM Quality? Not with Lenovo.

drcindy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,841
Message 73 of 267

I know it's frustrating. I'm having all the same issues.

I understand that there is a BIOS fix forthcoming that they believe will solve the problem. The only workaround I do is to keep the thing plugged in. It's the only way it works for me. You can't trust it off the adapter. And, as you say the occurances are random and the software feedback unrelieable.

Personally I'm giving them a couple of days to release the fix before I take additional steps. I do not suggest sending it to their service center as phone tech has suggested I do. They are unaware there of the problem. As I mentioned in an earlier post a co-worker sent his to service for this same issue, they did a hard reset and sent it back. Still has the problem. No point in sending it.

Airboatusa
What's DOS?
Views: 4,835
Message 74 of 267

War with Best Buy, let them fight it out! This stuff is way overpriced.

drcindy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,832
Message 75 of 267

Agreed. Especially when tech support is clueless, no fixes are forthcoming,
and their internal communication is non existent. No reasonable company
would expect their customers to solve their own faulty device issues.

My unit is about 5 months old. I told them I wanted to return it. They say
they only allow returns in the first 21 days. When I commented that must be
their expectation of normal usage I got silence. It's really horrible
service.

NoSpam_1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,824
Message 76 of 267

Re: Yoga 3 Pro Battery Charging Problems

Hi Amy_Lenovo,

I think you need to pass-on to management that from looking through this forum there is a huge problem here and Lenovo's brand is suffeering very badly!

We all have a variation on the theme of faulty charging and no-one has solved it and with the exception of you, it seems no-one has any interest in solving it!!!

I would think there will be an increased chatter on all types of forums and twitter etc that is going to have repercussions very quickly.

(As a former national marketing manager for a very large global tech brand, I know how important it is to address this with the tech people poste haste!) 

drcindy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,822
Message 77 of 267

To be clear, I'm a customer, not a Lenovo employee and having the same issues you are. But I concur with your suggestion. I would direct message Amy_Lenovo as I did. She is the Lenovo employee who appears to be auditing the forum.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,741
Message 78 of 267

There was a new BIOS released yesterday that may help:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101338

Changes in this release
  Version A6CN50WW
[Important updates]
Fix the problem that battery cannot be charged in extremely rare cases.
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Surur
Paper Tape
Views: 4,725
Message 79 of 267

If you cant install the new BIOS because your battery is less than 30% (what was lenovo thinking!) there is a solution. Download the new BIOS, download WinRar, use it to extract the files from the installation package, open Platform.ini. Search for BatteryBound=30, change that to 2 or 1. Save and run H2OFFT-Wx64.exe This will install the new BIOS.

nidemam
Paper Tape
Views: 4,699
Message 80 of 267

The new bios didd not work Smiley Sad.  I edited the ini file as suggested and the bios installed without problems.  However, my laptop is still not charging...... stuck at 6% forever.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors