Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
treed820
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,619
Message 1 of 43

Yoga 3 Pro Hinge end cap

I recently got a Yoga 3 Pro about a week ago and noticed today that I'm missing one of the 4 round left hinge end caps (I don't know what else to call them.)  I tried to remove one of the others beside the post with my fingernail and it slid right off!  Is there a way I can get a replacement for the missing one, please?  I've looked everywhere such as ebay and a general google search for parts, with no luck, and it's a horrible feeling to have a week old laptop missing a piece already!   Smiley Sad    Thanks!

Former Employee
Views: 8,532
Message 2 of 43

Re: Yoga 3 Pro Hinge end cap

I recommend contacting Lenovo Service. You can ask them to mail you one. 

In researching this issue for treed20, I spoke to a number of teams.

Conclusion: if you are missing a hinge end cap on a Yoga 3 Pro, please contact Lenovo Service for support. There is no CRU or FRU for hinge end caps, so the entire hinge will need to be replaced. (EDIT 4/21/15)

Thank you,

treed820
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,517
Message 3 of 43

Thank you!  Smiley Happy

treed820
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,467
Message 4 of 43

Amy, I'm wondering (or anyone) if there's any further help or suggestion you can provide me.  This was never resolved.  I called support that same day and was told that the hinge cap wasn't a covered item under warranty and that they didn't have any to send me either.  I told the person that was fine, if I could order one as a part, I would do that.  I was given a reference number and a phone number for parts in case I needed it and then transferred, and it disconnected...seemed to be the same number, ok, I called the number, got to parts and told them the issue.  She acted suspiscious LOL that I had lost a hinge cap without having also damaged my laptop, but looked it up for me.  I was told that  they were also unable to send me any, that they weren't showing any in the system, and they should have them in a couple weeks, but that she found the part number for it.  I asked for the part number and now it's been a couple weeks.  I looked on the parts lookup page, and it shows the part number she gave as:  5H50F98706  Bach_hinge_assy_AVC MISC INTERNAL, and NOT customer serviceable Smiley Sad   Not sure if that's the correct part even?  Right under that, there's this:  5H50G97322  Hinge Cover L YOGA 3 Pro W/Mylar MISC INTERNAL, ALSO not customer serviceable.   ALL I need is the tiny little end cap for ONE hinge post on the very end of the hinge.   Can someone PLEASE help with this?    Thank you in advance!!

Former Employee
Views: 8,422
Message 5 of 43

Would you mind posting a picture? I want to verify the location.

treed820
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,412
Message 6 of 43

Not at all. Let's see If I CAN Smiley Happy  yoga33.jpgyoga34.jpg

mason_lee
What's DOS?
Views: 8,338
Message 7 of 43

Yes, Treed820, i have the same problem but i have 2 missing and I even have a 3 year Best  buy Geek squad coverage, they told me to call lenovo. If this issue is not resolved i will be angry.

Spud151
What's DOS?
Views: 8,235
Message 8 of 43

I have this exact same issue on my Yoga 3 Pro. Has there been any resolution to the issue. I am missing 4 out of the total 8 end caps.
treed820
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,204
Message 9 of 43

I'm missing another one too, now.  My doctor was admiring my skin on my Yoga and I was showing her my missing end cap and another one flew off just with my fingernail while I was poking at it!!  We couldn't find it.  I was told that I would have to send it in and have the whole hinge replaced as a warranty replacement, since it was obvious by my pics I had not damaged my machine, and it is some sort of defect.  I haven't yet, since I don't want to be without it over a cap (now two!!)

Johnny214
Paper Tape
Views: 8,191
Message 10 of 43

I have this exact problem too! One of mine fell off but luckly I found it, but its still loose and I have to watch it carefully. I am afraid to glue it and mess up the hinge... 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors